Well Engineer II – Completions at Oando Plc
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Well Engineer II – Completions
Employment Type: Full-time
Unit / Department: Well Engineering / Operations
Reports To: Senior Well Engineer
Supervisory Responsibility: Well Engineer 1, Interns
- Support the well engineering and well operations teams medium to long term drilling and completions plans.
- Assist Drilling & Well Operations to achieve safe and cost-effective operations and ensure best engineering design and practices are deployed.
- Prepare and reviews KPIs and Performance Indices for Drilling Completions & Well Activities.
- First Degree in relevant Engineering
- 3-5 years cognate work experience as a drilling engineer, completions or workover engineer
- Good knowledge well planning/design, drilling engineering/operations, completion engineering, well interventions and well integrity.
- Good knowledge of wells data/document management application e.g Wellview
- Knowledge of Data Analysis Tools & Methods is advantageous
- Good problem-solving, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency
- Excellent proficiency in English language, both in speech and in writing.
- Possesses good technical knowledge of relevant drilling and completions engineering software tools e.g. Landmark
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Performs duties in line with guidelines in OER’s WE&S Standard Operating Procedures
- Accountable for all HSE compliance in the field
- Responsible for all daily report of field activities.
Major Responsibility Area
- Assist in preliminary drilling and completion design .
- Assist in developing well Afe and drilling and completion schedule
- Assist in Monitoring, documenting and analyzing operational NPT (Non- Productive Time) trend on all operations
- Comply with Policies, standards and procedures, use approved IT tools in developing final design and drilling program
- Identify and implement ideas to improve performance by repeating best composite well times, reducing NPT, using of new techniques/technologies and modifying procedures.
- Participates to CWOP and risk assessment sessions for completion and workover operations.
- Understand the Company health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility, and ensure that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
- Participate in contracting processes.
- Assist in Compilation of end of well report
- Assist with the tender document preparation and evaluations for service and equipment contracts
- Prepare daily drilling and completions report and KPI’s tracker
- Document management for drilling and completions data and well files
- Works as a wellsite engineer for drilling and completion operations
- Assist in developing completion schematics and tubing tallies.
- Support SDE on day to day tracking and reporting of completions operations,
- Support SDE in preparing end of well documents
- Cash calls and performance reviewer for drilling and completions budget and work program.
- Support other departments as necessary
- General Petroleum Engineering concepts
- General Geology concepts
- Well design
- Completion design
- Formation Evaluation
- Well Control
- Workover and recompletions
- Wellhead Equipment
- Plug & Abandonment
- Well Completions operation
- Artificial lift.
- Drilling and completion Fluids
- Drilling flow systems
- Drilling equipment
- Casing Design
- Drilling Bits
Basic to Foundation level of Competency required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Time / ft
- No of wells participated in on the field per year.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified