Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Deos
Job Requisition ID: R-76110
Employment Type: Full time
Job Scope and Responsibilities
- Leads development of consumer-relevant mixes for Rexona in African markets, with key focus on Nigeria, Ghana & Kenya
- Leads Brand Innovation/Renovation Projects, working closely with the cross-functional team to deliver on time to the markets we serve.
- Leads the development of locally relevant Communication Campaigns (including TV, Digital Content, Key Visuals) for Africa, plus adaptation of Global communication assets when required.
- Localizes Global Rexona toolkit (s) to drive behavior change and develop the Deo’s market
- Leads Category Thought Leadership and partners with CD to craft Customer Selling Stories
- Help upskill Local Deo’s Marketing teams through regular engagement & sharing best practice.
- Pioneer the “Others Say” Influencer ecosystem together with Media Team West Africa
- Partners with Unilever International to deliver One Rexona brand face and coherent execution at all touch points
- Works closely with Rexona Global Brand Director/Managers to deliver mixes & communication.
- Drives for alignment & implementation of the Deo Category Strategy and Deo’s Innovation Plan across all African markets.
- Well connected to local consumers & local market dynamics, proactively scanning the external environment to look for future growth opportunities.
- Drives in-market executional excellence with local teams, including pricing & portfolio strategy
- Works with R&D and Supply Chain to deliver Cost Savings agenda.
- Accelerate Deo’s Growth in Rest of Africa, through the Rexona Market Development (Project Dora), helping to build capability in the markets in their deployment thereof.
- Identify future growth opportunities & develop future mixes into new benefit spaces for 2024 & beyond.
Requirements & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 7 – 10 years’ experience in FMCG Marketing, and at least 3 years’ leading Innovation development / crafting innovation mixes
- Experience leading Communication (TV) development.
- Proven track record in leading innovation projects & teams
- Experience and ability to work with virtual teams and partner multiple stakeholders (across WLs)
- Experience in West Africa with proven track record on insights to execution
- Experience working in a Global organization will be an advantage.
- Personal Care experience will be an advantage.
Key Skills and competencies needed for the Role:
- High passion for building brands and consumer experiences.
- Demonstrates consumer-centricity and business understanding.
- Growth mindset, financial acumen, business tracking & analysis, and suggested actions.
- Core aspects underpinning all skills: Creativity, Empathy, Obsession with brands & consumers, Sense of Aesthetics, Analytical Thinking & Rigour.
- Strong creative judgement with real attention to detail.
- Innovation development – crafting brand mixes
- Excellent Project Management skills. Experience in leading cross-functional team to deliver projects.
- Strong ability to build relationships & influence others, including ability to influence at a senior level.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
- At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.