Sustainability Coordinator at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Coordinator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment type: Full-time
Reports to: Ops Sustainability Manager
Geographic Scope: WCAA (Operations)
Seniority Level: Non-management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- This role will provide full time environmental health and safety support to the Cluster OPS Sustainability Manager and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with BAT EHS cooperate environmental health and safety rules & guidelines and to all relevant regulatory requirements.
- The position will be responsible for coordinating corporate and regulatory programs and its permitting applications. Support the development and coordination of training programs in support of WCA activities.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Monitor and ensure compliance with BAT EHS statutory environmental health and safety rules & guidelines and relevant legislation across West Central African Cluster
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions
- Liaise with the client, enforcement agencies and other third parties as required.
- Ensure that the management key personnel are aware of all environmental, health, & safety issues and appropriate corrective actions, preventive actions are implemented
- Promote environmental, health and safety compliance and awareness across WCA through regular campaigns and initiatives
- Liaison with company Managers, Coordinators, and Supervisors to ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities, with regard to BAT’s Program.
- Conduct and/or coordinate training sessions for employees, contractors and visitors when required by, or as applicable toward, company operations and needs and/or regulatory requirements
- Maintain good relationship with all EHS related government agencies and bodies both local and international: – E.g. FMEnv.,Fire Service, First Aid team, Fire Marshals, EHS Tech. Reps. etc.
- Prepare and maintain required EHS statistics and key performance indicators for review and report / update EHS Dashboard accordingly.
- Manage Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training
- Coordinate the effective, accurate and timely global EHS reporting remittance for the Area as required by the EHS global council
- Be fully informed of all applicable national or international laws, regulations and codes of practice on EHS issues affecting the business and recommend the required actions for compliance
- Initiate and drive where necessary, various management initiative to ensure compliance and certification of our processes with relevant standards and best practices
- Conducting site audits/inspections and job safety analysis/hazard assessments to determine if environmental health and safety standards are being met – for appropriate procurement and application of personal protective and safety equipment and for the development of necessary Safe Operating Procedures (SOP)
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Engineering Degree / Diploma or equivalent professional qualifications
- Understand and be sensitive to the natural environment and health and safety concerns and the priorities to be addressed.
- Basic knowledge of finance /costing.
- Possession of a recognized national or international diploma in environment, health or safety practices
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and their application to the business
- Competent in computer skills and the use of the Company’s standard software packages
- Effective communication skills to influence personnel at all levels in the company.
- Ability to deal with public bodies and regulators when called upon to do so e.g. FMEnv, NISCN, NISP etc
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply