Specialist, Wintel at 9mobile
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Wintel
Job ID: IRC5078
- Manage and maintain our Windows system and server network on premises and cloud-based systems.
- Coordinating projects within the team right from the planning phase to the implementation phase and support the goals of other teams that rely on the windows team to achieve their objectives
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for Microsoft Infrastructure system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Coordinate with other departments for improved efficiency.
- Responsible for planning of Microsoft Infrastructure systems upgrades and deployment.
- Automate where possible, implement and improve processes where necessary
- Provide technical and operational support in management of multiple Microsoft Infrastructure in a highly dynamic business environment and to support business
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of Windows operating systems
- Managing and administering AD
- Group Policy Object (GPO) creation, troubleshooting, and management
- Delegation of authority to others for appropriate object administration in their OU hierarchy
- Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication, net logon, time services, FSMO roles, schema, NTDS database partitions, DNS settings, SRV records, and trust relationships.
- Review DC event and security logs and take corrective actions
- Overseeing and managing team members to resolve/close logged incidents/requests within the defined SLA.
- Managing clusters in Windows Server2008/2012/2012r2/2016 Operating Systems.
- Resource management framework like creation of resource pools, adding the VMs into resource pools.
- Managing the VMware HA & DRS features as well as the vmotion technology.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve technical issues and actively pursue mechanisms for preventing, or automating the response to reoccurrences.
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to Windows infrastructure
- Assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed Windows systems.
- Configure Group Policy Objects to create a secure Windows Infrastructure.
- Desktop deployment automation architecture, design/migration and troubleshooting.
- Managing OS image deployment.
- Patch management and deployment of various applications using SCCM
- Proficiency with Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell
- Active Directory bulk operations using PowerShell
- Provides second and third level technical support for both PC and Mobile Outlook clients, working closely with service desk and other support personnel.
- Managing the Hyper-V and ESXI Infrastructure, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning and Snapshots.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field and its use within a business environment with minimum of 3+ experience in system administration and related services (Active Directory, DNS, Failover Clustering)
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- ITIL Certification.
- Microsoft Certification.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Experience in virtualization technologies (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Exposure to cloud services (Azure, Office 365, Intune, Teams, Exchange Online)
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Resilient, confident and tenacious.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prepared to work extended hours and travel to other sites/regions as required
- Comprehensive understanding of networking technologies including DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and Load Balancing
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools such as Telnet, Tracert, Port Query, Microsoft Network Monitor
- Knowledge of windows troubleshooting tools (WinDbg, Windows Sysinternals, perfmon)
- Skilled in patch management and application deployment using SCCM
- Experience in PowerShell Scripting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply