Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer (Machinist)
Job Identification: 184
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret Sketches, designs, drawings or instructions to create required components.
- Plan the sequence of necessary steps to help complete any jobs.
- Set up and operate metalworking, welding, or cutting equipment.
- Liaise with operation and maintenance personnel to exchange technical information.
- Evaluate machining procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability.
- Advise management on materials being used for finished products.
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting, bending and any other fabrication process.
- Perform optimal machine selection for component specification and material type.
- Conduct setting up of machine variables to reduce defects and optimise results.
- Design tools, fixtures or experimental parts to meet plant special engineering needs.
- Perform quality checks to ensure no defects after the job is carried out.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages.
- Review final output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects.
- Ensure that all operations adhere to plant & workshop safety protocols
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
Education and Work Experience:
- B.Tech./ HND or M.Sc. or its equivalent in Engineering or related discipline.
- 8 – 10 years working in the same or similar role
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven experience as a machinist.
- Good analytical skills.
- Understanding of safety standards and protocols
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders, rollers, CNC machines etc.)
- Ability to use a wide array of precision tools to take accurate measurements.
- Excellent knowledge of material property
- Team player who can lead a project team to achieve objectives.
- Ability to see projects through to completion.
- Able to work independently and meet up with deadlines.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and illustrative communication skills as the role requires interaction with different levels of professionals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th November, 2023 (05:00 PM).