Production Coordinator – Evaporated Milk at Promasidor
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Coordinator – Evaporated Milk
Job Type: Full Time
About the Job
The ideal candidate will be responsible for
- Following up the production plan to achieve set targets and ensure supply of materials and personnel requirements.
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating the activities of all shifts to ensure proper distribution of work, adequate manning and facilities for performance of duties and optimal output.
- Ensuring that the daily production operations are adequately documented and captured in the file maker and hard copies.
- Ensuring that all factors affecting production are promptly resolved/reported.
- Carrying out any assigned food safety jobs by the head of department as a member of food safety team.
- Identifying training needs of staff within the factory and conduct on the job training as required.
- Identifying key performance gaps in the factory and propose improvement plans for management action.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of factory facility and 5S implementation.
- Managing and handling disciplinary actions, grievances, performance feedbacks/appraisals, attendance report and leave schedule of subordinates and create a positive working environment by building morale in the factory and paying prompt attention to staff welfare issues.
- Maintaining high standard of product quality, hygiene, GMP, FSMS and safety in the factory through constant liaison with the Quality Assurance and HSE team.
- Ensuring control of wastages/variances through proper work methods and good manufacturing practices.
- Performing other related duties as advised to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Food Science & Technology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry or other food related courses.
- Minimum of five years’ cognate work experience in the food and beverage manufacturing environment.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel suite)
- Technical report writing
- Good knowledge of manufacturing/production policies and procedures.
- Conversant with GMP and HACCP principles.
- Ability to work well without supervision.
- Diligent and enthusiastic
- Able and willing to follow laid down procedures.
- Possession of Leadership qualities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified