Production Assistant at Production Assistant
The Bible Society of Nigeria is a member of the United Bible Societies (UBS), a global fellowship of Non-Denominational Christian organization whose primary mission involves translating the Holy Scriptures into languages people can read and understand as well as production and distribution of the scriptures in various forms to meet the different needs of people. It also organizes life transforming programmes to engage people with the scriptures and raising of funds for its activities
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Assistant
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The position reports to the Production and Programmes Manager under the Production and Programmes Division within Distribution & Programmes Department.
- The job holder is actively involved in production activities and facilitates all documentations required in Scripture ordering, shipment and clearing timely, with utmost correctness, accuracy and care to ensure that the required processes and procedures as well as standards are meticulously followed;
- Collaborates with the Production & Programmes Manager to ensure that the production activities of the organization are given the priority, attention and the diligence it requires to achieve the distribution plans of the Society;
- Plays an active role at initiating, developing and stimulating life-transforming and scripture-engaging programmes in fulfilling the mission mandate of the Society.
The successful candidate will among others do the following:
- The incumbent reports directly to the Production and Programmes Manager on matters relating to production activities of the organization by giving the priority, attention, and the diligence it requires to achieve the distribution plan of the Society.
- Facilitates all documentations required in Scripture ordering, shipment and clearing timely, with utmost correctness, accuracy and care to ensure that the required processes and procedures as well as standards are meticulously followed
- Ensures cost savings on demurrage and container deposits through constant management of the process of timely return of containers after offloading in collaboration with the clearing agents.
- Liaises with Finance Department for the opening of LC and to ensure the correctness of all Letters of Credit and shipping documents that will facilitate smooth processing of our Scripture clearing.
- Relates with Printers and Publishing Department to ensure timely approval of the correct sample of Bibles received from the printers before final production
Responsible to and Direct Reports
- The Production Assistant reports directly to the Production and Programmes Manager who manages and coordinates the activities of the production & programmes division of the department.
- S/he works relentlessly with the other staff in the department to achieve both the departmental and organizational goal in scripture production and distribution to enable the Society achieve returns on investment goals.
- The job holder relates with the Distribution division, Finance, Warehouse Officer, Publishing department, Printers, Banks, and other relevant agencies in ensuring Scripture distribution/ordering plans are followed; right documentations, shipping, clearing, are done promptly and ultimately, the landed cost is secured with other necessary data on same.
- S/he should hold a minimum of National Diploma in Accounting, Business Studies or equivalent in the Social Sciences or Humanities;
- Preferred candidate must also be creative, have good communication and excellent inter-personal relations skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computer is a must.
- Must have at least 3 years cognitive experience in international trade.
- Should be very numerate;
- Must have very good social skills and sound health as s/he may be required to physically follow up or monitor things especially on shipping documentations with the banks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter, CV, and photocopies of their Credentials to the “General Secretary / CEO” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline 5th June, 2023.