Procurement Process Specialist (NIPEX / NCD) at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Process Specialist (NIPEX / NCD)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- Assist in selecting and ensure compliance for best contracting solution to meet the company’s requirements; considering NIPEX/NCDMB compliance and workflow, overall cost effectiveness (Total cost basis) , long term operability, reduced OPEX/BBL and increased deliverability of Oil and Gas .
- Carry out personally a variety of compliance and verification duties related to the major tenders and contracts and regulations regarding completion and procurement. ; especially providing vendor qualification and process mgt liaising with senior procurement department, Gov and Public affairs department, Gov and non-governmental partners, and applicable third parties: auditors, etc..
- Expert level skills as an E&P Asset focused Contracts and Procurement Process ( SCM compliance ) specialist: Supports tendering process and ensures compliance with NIPEX, NUIMS and NCDMB, regulations and expectations. culminating in the award of high value contracts for technically complex drilling and wells projects
- Develops for others executive / c-suite level recommendations to management and partners on contractor selection and contract award.
- Assists in monitoring key supplier performance and relationship management
- Provides specialist advice and guidance to management on compliance for contracting and procurement
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders in executing successful and compliant delivery of Requests for information, RFP, tenders, contract award and post award contract mgt requirements
- Maintains and contributes to an up to date understanding of the short, medium and long term strategic and operational impacts of our compliance efforts in regards to NIPEX and NCDMB
- Assists team and contractor resources to appropriately align with business objectives.
- Takes a lead role in identifying and developing opportunities to create value and improve service delivery across the operations and logistics business through effective contract management techniques
- Provides post-award administration support including contract amendment and variation administration.
- Able to effortlessly deliver related contract strategies, supplier prequalification’s questionnaires, solvency and background (D&B, Trace) checks, tenders & RFP’s, technical and commercial evaluation templates and validate scopes of work from Operations and Pet. Engineering departments.
- Will also provide negotiation support including leading and facilitating multi-million USD negotiations; and provide commercial and market input to Ops/FM Strategy development, construction and installation scope, Work breakdown evaluation, Commercial Evaluation, and Mobilization support documents.
- Some support for technical evaluation on deliverability and utilization.
- Complies with Company’s Codes of ethics, Policies, and procedures. Demonstrated Expert at commercial and market assessment of contractors and suppliers. Includes prequalifying scoping and evaluating 3rd party suppliers of services and from low to high risk, simple to complex work, and costs /values from the tens of thousands to the tens of millions USD.
- Typically has worked in E&P company looking after multiple offshore assets in various stages of development from asset installation to operations and decommissioning as well as limited support for green field exploration work. Demonstrated skills in this regard are mandatory.
- Prepare the adequate tendering and contracting strategy that ensures the best value of company expenditure following the best practice and innovative ideas.
- Ensure Tender Board and shareholders approvals are addressed.
- Prepares contractual and commercial parts of the RFP’s/Tenders, in consultation with the Project Managers and Engineering Team.
- Prepares and compiles Tender / Contract Documentation, in consultation with legal and other stakeholders to ensure viability, legality and clear interpretation and ease of administration.
- Supports expertise for Project Specific pre-qualification and processed bid lists
- Supports that procurement activities are performed in timely manner consistent with the project schedule.
- Participate in the technical and unpriced commercial evaluation of tender and then leads the subsequent prices commercial evaluation of technically acceptable offers that includes professional adjustment factors depending the nature of the job and tender. Prepares comprehensive techno-commercial evaluation report and recommendations.
- Process award recommendations, ensure necessary approvals and finalize with successful bidder and the contract documentation.
- Validates the development and implementation of all contractor procedures for conformity with the contract. Checks conformity of all documentation called including guarantees, performance bonds, insurance and the like with agreed and formats and processes as required.
- Reviews, revised terms, variation order requires, change orders, claims submitted by contracts, establishes as Negotiations Strategy and negotiable as part of constituted team, for their settlement.
- Assists in evaluating contractor’s request for approval of vendors and sub-contractors. Monitors performance of Contractor’s procurement activities in terms of timely delivery and quality.
- Reviews, revised terms and, variation order requests, change orders, claims submitted by Contractors, establishes a Negotiations Strategy and negotiable, as part of constituted team, for their settlement.
- Coordinates the final close-out of completed contracts by ensuring proper resolution of all outstanding commercial issues. Provides input and reviews Contractors’ performance evaluation during and post job
- Alignment and timely approvals both internal and external stakeholders and approvers. Sr Mgt, partners and government bodies alike. Where required coordinate the technical input into the Management Committee meetings with regulators and our partners.
- Ensure efficient approval and endorsement workflow: Contribute to the generation, coordination and delivery of documents to support the approval processes: for commercial agreement, strategies, tender lists, evaluation templates for offshore operations and asset maintenance and asset integrity—including remote sensing and automation technology support. Ensure seamless integration between Community/security, Government and regulatory affairs team, Facility Eng., Wells Engineering, Production Operation’s, Logistics and Finance alike.
- Support our Integrated Production Delivery Model, from reservoir drainage points to points of sale. Key focus areas are maximization of the gas and liquids volumes sold, within the technical limits of the reservoirs, quantity and quality of gas liquids resources.
- Understand what must be done to ensure a world class database of compliant contracts, evaluations, and strategies that is third party verifiable. The contract status, scopes of work, cost estimates, concept analysis, evaluations, award decisions, contract summary document, as updated quarterly.
- He/She has fully demonstrated understanding of the range of agreement and commercial options and material choices to deliver production from the reservoir to the sales point.
Qualification and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry as a contracts and procurement process specialist or engineer with NO more than 4 years with Service Company or contractor.
- Track record in Asset Optimization, minimizing lifting costs, OPEX reduction, safety and operational trade offs, etc.
- Commercial innovator and entrepreneur, track record in finding solutions to increasing the BBL recovery per dollar spent in operations. Maximize the utilization of key leased fixed asset capacity. Minimize OPEX / BBL.
- Excellent technical and communication skills with a strong emphasis on teamwork, change mgt and influencing
- Fluency in written and spoken English language
- Track record in working in Nigerian or other international locales with heavy governmental engagement required in delivering 3rd party services in alignment with government partners: selection, tendering, and contracting for all E&P support services.
- Demonstrated skill in supplier assessment, selection, scope validation, negotiation support, commercial and solvency evaluation, contractor mgt, and closeout in such locations
- Track record in Offshore oil and gas Field Development Planning and execution in Nigeria: supporting Production, storage and transport of hydrocarbons as well as support for re-drill, work over, wire line, and well intervention services,.
- Ability to translate complex operational and development issues into simple documentable commercial and contractual solutions for use in business cases, pre_Q, SOW, approval workflow, contract strategies, technical evaluations, award recommendations, and stakeholder presentations.
- High level of independent thinking and reasoning, based on sound technical and commercial fundamentals. Able to bring those arguments professionally to influence key mgt and key stakeholders.
- Ability to generate good quality technical and commercially sound reports and assessments using excel, power point and Word. Visio and MS project skills are appreciated.
- Fully understand and able to articulate the values and tradeoffs based on accurate verifiable information on how the supplier’s performance will support or degrade our company’s short term, medium term and long goals.
- Ruthless total cost of ownership focus, ability to translate and articulate technical and commercial solutions into documents and easily articulate key business drivers, HSE, Cost and Production
- Interact and work effectively with other professionals inside the E&P team and with other HQ disciplines: Planning, Finance, in a timely fashion. · Deadlines matter.
- Demonstrate high level of oral and written skills (English), good listening ability, demonstrate personal initiative and ability to mentor subordinates
- Constructively accept views and guidance from supervisors and input from subordinates ·
- Ability and focus on driving technical and commercial solutions
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified