Payroll Officer at The West African Health Organization (WAHO)
The West African Health Organization (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) charged with leadership and coordination of health improvement programs across the ECOWAS region.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Code: 0100
Location: Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
Employment Type: Full Time
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Division: Administration & Human Resources
Line Supervisor: Human Resource Officer
- Under the supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the Payroll Officer shall be responsible for processing monthly payroll for the institution in the SAP/ECOLINK system in a smooth and accurate manner.
- This includes calculating employees’ salaries, emoluments, allowances as well as deductions. Moreover, the incumbent shall update monthly payroll information on issues relating to changes in social status, bank details, and employee status such as (salary step or grade change).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide all payroll documents to the auditors as required.
- Ensure that salaries and remuneration of all employees follow the approved ECOWAS salary scale and regulations.
- Report any anomalies or errors found in the payroll.
- Enter new employees’ data into SAP/ECOLINK.
- Ensure that deductions for social security contributions, in particular pension contributions, and all other forms of payroll deductions are effected.
- Prepare and submit monthly payroll reconciliation (WTR) reports on WAHO staff for vetting
- Share pay slips once salaries have been paid.
- Ensure the safekeeping of payroll records.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Audit, Management control or a similar related from a recognized University.
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in Accounting, Finance, Administration, Budget, Administration and Human Resource Management.
- Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices relating to leave, compensation, benefits, pensions, medical care, recruitment, payroll, etc. and the ability to interpret and apply them in an organizational setting.
- Proven ability to use core SAP/ECM HCM modules to perform HR functions, including inputting, extracting, and interpreting master data.
- Familiarity with administrative and financial policies and procedures; knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to a particular sector or specialized field;
- Technical ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems and assist with data collection using various methods.
USD31,191.47 – USD45,109.22 Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their completed Application Forms to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Each application must include the following:
- A completed Job Application Form
- A Cover Letter of not more than one page on the motivation for the application to the post
- A signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of Birth Certificate.
- Candidates must be ECOWAS citizens.
- Candidates must be under 50 years.
- Submitted documents shall not be returned.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting and interview processes shall be based on the ECOWAS Staff Regulations.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- Offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory background check.
Application Deadline 10th January, 2024.