International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Operator
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
Location: Onitsha Plant, Anambra
Job Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Function
- To Safely operate and maintain defined Packaging equipment and related processes in order to achieve optimal effectiveness
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating equipment in Packaging process areas according to VPO standards
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and recording short stops and correcting any out of controls using the VPO tools
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses and recording the results on the appropriate information system
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. making use of the action logs to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities
- Fully understand the team Dream and contribute in achieving it
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated
- Where problems occur, use the VPO problem solving tools to resolve and record the issues
- React to the results using the VPO tools supplied
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems. Review trends to identify & resolve problems
- Carrying out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas
- Identifying defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader to assist with resolution
- Assisting the Process Artisan/Machine specialist in executing running repairs on shift.
Qualifications & Skills
- BSc/HND or equivalent in Engineering
- Experience in a packaging process environment.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player
- High level of initiative and energy.
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Application Deadline: 13th August 2021.
[sc name=”email” ][/sc]