Mechanical Fitter (Cement Industry) at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter (Cement Industry)
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job type: Full time
- Responsible for carrying out various mechanical repairs associated with fabrication works as assigned and / or as per the instructions from section Foreman and Engineer.
- Responsible for fabrication & laying of pipelines & repairs in the Plant/ terminal.
- Work as a member of a team in carrying out various mechanical maintenance activities such as installation, alignment, overhauling, repairing of machines, maintenance of de-dusting units and vulcanizing belt conveyors, etc.
- Modify mechanical fabrication as per requirements.
- Adhere to policies, processes, systems relating to maintenance functions
- Inspect tools and equipment ‘especially lifting equipment’ before using and make sure they are of suitable loads, good and safe condition to use.
- Coordinate with the foreman on preparing steel requirement & consumables, tools and material for each work assignment.
- Analyzing the blueprints for mechanical systems to determine the specifications of the components to be constructed.
- Constructing structural components from raw materials.
- Using welding equipment to fuse structural components.
- Inspecting fabricated components to ensure that they are the correct size.
- Utilizing shears, power saws, cutting torches, and chipper knives to cut structural components as needed.
- Creating a suitable maintenance schedule and performing system maintenance accordingly.
- Conducting diagnostic testing on malfunctioning systems to determine the root cause of the malfunction.
- Replacing damaged or defective structural components as needed.
- Adhering to all work-site safety rules and regulations
- HND / OND / Trade Test (Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Fitting)
- 2-3 years Industrial Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified