Logistics Assistant G5 at The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant G5
Requisition ID: 830845
- To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Key Accountabilities (Not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Education: Completion of a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
- Experience: 5 or more relevant years of experience in logistics operations and activities.
- General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
Desirable Experience for Entry into the Role:
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Qualified female candidates are advised to apply.
- Only Nigerian Nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO
- Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Application Deadline 5th January, 2024 by 11:59pm (GMT+1)