Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest-surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Loan Review Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- To objectively appraise loans and to ensure compliance with established Credit Policies and Procedures as well as extant Government laws and regulations.
- To also proactively identify early warning signals of would-be delinquent credits for quick remediation.
- Performs regular loan portfolio reviews based on risk and/or size of all credit types.
- Ensures acceptable credit standards are maintained (verifies lien perfection, repayment capacity and collateral adequacy etc.)
- Ensures Risk Asset creation conforms to the bank’s lending policies and procedures. Also, ensure compliance with relevant State and Federal laws and regulations
- Ensures the creditworthiness of the loan portfolio, identify and report anomalies/ emerging risks that merit the review of the lending practices and/or adverse asset classification.
- Identify problem loans and work to ensure quick remediation
- Reviews bank’s processes (loan approvals, policy exception reporting, supervisory loan to value limits, underwriting, covenants, reporting, etc.)
- Determines if proper approval procedures and loan authorities were adhered to before disbursement
- Do periodic performance review to ascertain that loans are meeting expectations
- Verify the quality, completeness and accuracy of supporting loan documentation and analysis
- Periodically reviews files for appraisals, deeds of trust, UCC filings, perfection on liens, collateral evaluations and valuations etc.
- Aid Relationship Management and other SBU (Credit administration, FINCON, Account officers) on loan related accounts.
- Good knowledge of Core Banking Application – Finacle and Windows based PC (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/ Power BI) Working Conditions.
- Knowledge of Credit/Lending laws and regulations
- Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills
- Sound working knowledge of accounting principles and financial statements
- Strong report writing skills
- Capability to effectively present information and respond to enquiries.
Below are the qualifications required to work as a Loan Review Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field with emphasis in quantitative background e.g. finance, accounting, Business Administration or Statistics
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, ACIB, CFA etc. will be added advantage
- A minimum of two-year experience in Loan Review or Credit and marketing functions.
- Strong integrity in all areas, adhering to policies, regulations and utmost ethical and legal standards
- Uphold confidentiality and privacy of findings in all situations
- Interact and communicate effectively with personnel at various levels of the organization
- Duties are performed in an office/ remote environment in a professional business setting.
- Position involves occasional travel to bank’s locations outside the Headquarter for credits examination reviews.
- It also entails routine visits to obligors’ offices and warehouses; projects being financed and on the spot assessment of collaterals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified