The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Business Assurance, Nigeria
Location: Lagos and Port Harcourt – Rivers
Contract Type: Indefinite Contract
Pay Band: BRC-7-F
- The purpose of the role is to develop a business assurance strategy, provide professional advice and support to exams operations within Nigeria in the achievement, monitoring and embedding of Quality and Compliance Assurance (QCA), IELTS and other awarding body standards.
- The focus is to ensure standard and quality of the delivery of examinations operation in country according to British Council and Exams Boards standards as well as advise and assist teams to exceed quality standards.
- Furthermore, the role will support operations and advise on appropriate solutions to target improvements and manage risk as well as effective implementation of action points arising from exams compliance audits and reviews.
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving:
- To undertake and manage the quality assurance process across all products for Examinations operation in country, ensuring assessments take place, reviews are documented appropriately, action plans are devised and acted upon by assigned exams team members according to established deadlines.
- Advise centers on risk mitigation measures, new standards, and best practice – Monitor and assist with incident investigation, implementing risk mitigation measures as necessary.
- Help facilitate and support any global QCAs scheduled in country, including development of action plans and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
Internal customer focus:
- Engage key stakeholders (Director Exams, Regional Operations Manager, Assistants/Regional business assurance).
- Share regular updates and/or tailored country reports and findings on quality and compliance status, progress, and issues, ensuring risks are reported/escalated in a timely manner.
- Support the communication and roll out of changes to QCA, IELTS and Awarding body standards, processes and procedures with operation teams
- Identify opportunities for improvements within the established quality and compliance processes and procedures and make recommendations to the Director Exams, Regional Operations Manager, Assistants/Regional business assurance team.
- Proactively maintains a sound working knowledge of developments in external policy, practice, and regulation within their functional discipline to build credibility, confidence, and business insight.
- Will be the “go to person” for first-line advice and guidance on a specific practical process, topic, or system – either within the corporate functional department as a whole or embedded within a particular geographical unit or SBU team.
Commercial & Financial management:
- Using agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the budget for their area of activity/service provision, and conducts monthly and year-end reporting on income and expenditure, profitability, and risk.
- Shows an understanding of value for money/cost effectiveness in the advice, recommendations or service support provided to internal customers.
Relationship & stakeholder management:
- Develops good working relationships with appropriate colleagues throughout the British Council and in the relevant functional discipline to facilitate the effective provision of high quality and customer-focused services and advice.
- As required, represents the British Council in discussions and dealings with external suppliers/providers
Leadership & management:
- Lead and coordinate with the Regional Operations Manager/Regional
- Operation Support Manager and/or Assistants/Regional Business Assurance lead for confidential materials approval movements and any compliance matter/incidents/investigations.
Risk and Compliance:
- Support teams to manage their risks within the agreed risk appetite and providing the Exams management and other stakeholders with assurance that our risk taking is appropriate and that significant risks are being managed.
- Record and review risks facing exams operation in local risk registers.
- Ensure that safeguarding implementation standards are followed in exams structures and mechanisms that promote safety for children and adults.
- Escalate safeguarding concern the National Safeguarding Manager Pakistan.
- University Degree
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a Business Assurance or Exams Manager role.
- In addition to ability to meet main accountabilities detailed above, good relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrable experience of promoting and managing compliance in line with corporate and external compliance frameworks.
- Significant experience collecting, analysing and presenting data to identify trends.
- Broad understanding of the breadth and range of examination distribution products and services delivered in Nigeria.
NGN 23,652,757,00 / Annum plus benefits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Internal candidates not based in the mentioned 3 countries who have interest in the role should reach out to the Hiring Manager first before submitting their application.
- Language requirements: Proficient in English language (CEFR C1 or above) and excellent report writing skills.
- Regular travel within Nigeria and occasional travel to non- represented markets.
- Occasional evening and weekend working will be needed, for example when travelling or carrying out exam’s reviews.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Please ensure you include a supporting statement that highlights your skills, knowledge, and experience. This information will be used in the shortlisting assessment.
Application Deadline 22nd November, 2023 at 23:59 South Africa Time
Meyer Plc is the Manufacturer and Marketer of high-quality Paints, including Architectural Paints, Wood Paints, Auto refinishes, Industrial and Marine, Road lining Paints, Roof coatings, Tube coatings, HP coatings, and Adhesives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
Locations: Gombe & Rivers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a professional growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Create marketing strategies to enhance sales.
- Oversee all marketing campaigns for the company.
- Promote the company’s business, product, or service.
- Ensure the company is communicating the right messaging to attract prospective customers and retain existing ones.
- Drive the company’s sales.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and prospective customers.
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing clients’ objectives.
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy and confidential Customer feedback.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and sense of urgency on Customer’s behalf, anticipate Customer requirements and communicate efforts in a timely and effective manner.
- Resolve discrepancies with Customers prior to order entry.
- Managing, documenting, and reporting customer complaints.
- Develop your sales team through motivation, counselling, and product knowledge education.
- Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation
- Provide commercial awareness.
- Collate daily sales requests, confirm daily stock position with Inventory and communicate unavailable product requests to the Production department.
- Maintain constant communication with the Production department for first-hand information on production schedules and timelines.
- Minimum of B.Sc / BA in Business Administration, Marketing, or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years Cognate working experience
Skills / Competencies:
- Trend Analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be creative and innovative.
- Budget-management skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Negotiation and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Strategic thinking
- Presentation skill
- Proven understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Excellent sales track record.