Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Plant Operator
Requisition ID: 2829
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Mobile Plant operator is responsible for operating, loading, hauling, monitoring and dumping all Mobile Equipments used for all mining operations.
- Responsible for operating Mobile Equipment as a multi-skill or a unitary operator
- Carry out Pre start Work-by inspection of mobile Equipment before Operating
- Work With Supervisors at closing all Gaps with respect to the Quarry Operations
- Adhere to all LAP Safety Health, safety and environmental standards.
- Work With the Quarry team as a unit, and ensuring that he aligns with the global direction of leadership, as per the tasks Prescribed to be done
- Attend all scheduled meetings for which he is invited
- This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required
- Safety compliance.
- % reduction of repetitive failures
- Equipment ownership.
- Compliance with Integrated Management System best practice
Education / Experience
- Minumim SSCE / O’ Level with 5 credits including Maths and English.
- Minimum of 5 Years post qualification experience
- Machine Main System knowledge
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Health and Safety awareness, Inspection and understanding of machine
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skill
- Fully understand the machine operation parameters (speed, pressures and temperatures), can monitors dials and indicators and do relevant adjustment and drilling systems,
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified