Genesis Cinemas is one of Nigeria’s leading cinema developers and operators of multiplex cinemas in Nigeria. GC is part of the Genesis Group, a Nigerian based conglomerate established in 1991 with its key focus on hospitality and entertainment with diverse interests in Restaurants, Hotels, Industrial Catering, Cinemas, Family Entertainment Centres and Facility Management.
The Genesis Cinemas Brand and company was launched into the Nigerian market in the year 2008, in Lagos. By the month of December 2011, the company had served over 15 million customers. Since then, Genesis Cinemas has grown to 9 cinemas with 35 screens and over 5000 seats. Genesis Cinemas has cinemas located in Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Warri, Owerri, Abuja and Asaba. Our strategy to continue to grow in all major cities of the country will have us opening in more locations in the years to come.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Accountant
- We are currently seeking an adaptable, smart and experienced Account Payable to oversee all aspects of day-to-day transactions of our business, financial, administrative and clerical support of a company.
- Also ensure payments owed by the company to suppliers and other creditors, paying vendor invoices or bills, and recording the company’s short-term debts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility of the Account Payable is to consolidate, Co-ordinate & Ensure Accurate Ledgers are maintained for All Payables
- Efficient management of All Payables and ensures that all business obligations are settled as at when due.
- Ensure All payments follow due process and are properly approved before payment.
- Provides evidence of logical prioritizing of expenditures to ensure operational efficiency.
- Keeps cost within and below budget while consistently optimizing cost.
- Reconciles Invoices received from Film Distributors and prepare for payment.
- Maintains a good accounting system with adequate internal controls & compliance with approved accounting & controls manuals.
- Maintains Proper Filling, Security & Control of all Source Documents relating to Payables.
- Ensures Timely Statutory Remittance of VAT, Pension, PAYE, Consumption and WHT in line with Statutes on monthly basis with filed evidence.
- Prepare & submit for Approval, Financial Plan using the approved format within the given timeline.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 2-3 years relevant experience in the field
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes
- Must be a good Team player with excellent ability to multi-tasking and able to adapt to.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong Analytical, communication and computer skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 31st October, 2023.