The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) is one of the eleven electricity distribution companies that emerged after the unbundling of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).The company is saddled with the primary responsibility of distributing and marketing electricity to end users within the five states in the South-East geo-political zone; namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo, with a total of 18 Business Districts offices across these states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Officer
Locations: EEDC District Offices
Job Type: Full Time
Slot: 3 Openings
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
- Monitor compliance with work codes and safety regulations.
- Ensure availability/maintenance of First Aid boxes and regular provision of necessary kits for the use by employees.
- Participate in occupational health safety programmes for the prevention of industrial, motor vehicle and/or workplace accidents.
- Carry out periodic Inspection on EEDC facilities, equipment and work-in-progress to determine potential for hazard and advise on-site corrections of flagrant safety violations and hazardous conditions.
- Carry out toolbox meetings at the District Office and Service Centres.
- Liaise with Head HSE/HSE Supervisor on procedures for accident prevention & report all accidents.
- Monitor and enforce usage of Personal Protective Equipment/wears at the District.
- Ensure Good Housekeeping is practiced in EEDC Offices and Injection substations.
- Ensure proper Waste management in EEDC premises and Injection substations.
- Carry out Public Awareness safety Campaign at the district.
- Ensure Fire extinguishers are available, maintained & strategically placed in EEDC offices/Injection substations at the District.
- Collation of Fire Equipment database at the District.
- Organize safety induction training for new staff, IT Students and youth corps members attached to EEDC at the District.
- Placement of safety stickers/posters and safety awareness items for information dissemination at the district.
- Ensure proper Environmental management such as application of Herbicides, Weeding, Pest control and fumigation in the EEDC premises & Injection substations.
- B.ENG / HND / B.Sc (Engineering)
- Must have HSE LEVEL 3 Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years work experience (Post NYSC)
- Age: 30 – 40 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The HR Department reserves the right not to provide status updates on all applicants but all successful applicants will receive a communication after the completion of the selection process.
Application Deadline Friday; 10th November, 2023.