Inventory Manager – Logistics at FairMoney
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Manager – Logistics
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Department: Logistics and Supply Chain
How it is to be an Inventory Manager at Payforce by FairMoney:
- Payforce by FairMoney empowers businesses to drive mass adoption of digital and financial services to the underserved populations in their communities. Here in the Logistics team, our mission is to ensure the best and fastest service in the country.
- We are currently seeking a meticulous and detail-oriented Inventory Manager to join our team, taking charge of tracking Point of Sale (POS) device movements, maintaining optimal inventory levels, and providing daily reports on stock positions.
- This role requires a keen eye for detail, exceptional organizational skills, proficiency in Excel, and the ability to deliver accurate and timely inventory updates.
Role and Responsibilities
Inventory Tracking and Management:
- Maintain an accurate record of POS device movements, including incoming stock, transfers, and outgoing shipments.
- Regularly conduct physical inventory counts to ensure alignment between system records and actual stock levels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve discrepancies and maintain inventory accuracy.
- Analyze inventory levels to identify surplus or shortage situations, taking proactive measures to optimize stock levels.
- Collaborate with procurement and logistics teams to ensure timely replenishment of stock and mitigate stockouts.
- Implement efficient inventory control practices to minimize carrying costs and maximize resource utilization.
- Generate and deliver daily reports on the status of POS stock positions in spreadsheets, highlighting any notable fluctuations or trends.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to gather necessary data for accurate reporting and insights.
- Provide regular updates to management regarding inventory levels, movement, and potential concerns.
- Continuously assess inventory management processes and identify opportunities for enhancement.
- Implement best practices to streamline inventory tracking, minimize errors, and increase operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with IT teams to leverage inventory management software effectively.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Logistics or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills with a meticulous approach to data tracking and reporting.
- Exceptional organizational abilities to manage inventory across various locations.
- Proficiency in using Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Effective communication skills for collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented mindset and a commitment to maintaining accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Previous experience in inventory management or related roles is advantageous.
- Private Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A screening call with the Senior Recruiter ~30 minutes
- Interview with the hiring manager – Otávio Nunes (60 minutes)
- A case study might be applied to evaluate technical skills