Innovation and Commercialization Manager at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Innovation and Commercialization Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- Identify emerging market trends, consumer needs, and technological advancements to drive innovation opportunities.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify gaps and potential areas for innovation.
- Pay close attention to the commercialization of NPDs throughout the FMN and HW industries, as well as strategic portfolio management.
- Liaise and work closely with the key stakeholders such as Marketing, R&D, Production, Finance, Demand and Supply Planning, Sales and Quality, and Regulatory teams to execute defined strategy and initiatives to drive volumes, distribution, and market share.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the design and execution of marketing strategies to drive product innovation & adoption in Trade.
- Lead and coordinate scheduled commercialization/Stage Gate meetings with all teams and/or key Gate Keepers involved in set projects.
- Facilitate and launch performance reviews done in month 3, month 6, and month 12 to check performance against agreed KBIs such as volume, Gross Profit, numeric distribution, market share, sampling, activation etc.
- Monitor and track SKU rationalization exercise done monthly to review performance of SKUs using pre-defined complexity reduction index (volume contribution, Revenue, and Gross Profit).
- Engage and maintain cordial relationships with key corporate customers to build/drive brand loyalty and sustain patronage on new to market products.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Research & Development team, identify new product/product refinement opportunities.
- B.Sc / HND in Marketing or any Social Science related course.
- At least 10 years related experience working in an FCMG sector.
The Person Must:
- Have proven experience in innovation management, product development, or commercialization roles.
- Have strong business acumen with a deep understanding of market dynamics and customer needs.
- Have excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage timelines, and meet deadlines.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Have effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Have a collaborative mindset and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Have strong leadership and team management skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date