The Pan African University (PAU) is a flagship Institution of the African Union Commission, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This was the culmination of the decision of the Assembly of Heads of State and Governments of the African Union to create the Pan African University (EX.CL/579(XVII). It has five Institutes namely Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture) at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria; Governance, Humanities, and Social Sciences at University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon; Science, Technology and Innovation at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya; Water and Energy (including Climatic change) at University Tlemcen, Algeria and the Institute of Space Sciences, South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The Generalist role calls for a curious, high-energy professional interested in the multiple disciplines associated with the ever-changing Human Resources field.
- The Generalist will maintain great relationships across the University and welcome opportunities to collaborate, problem-solve and celebrate successes with colleagues.
- Using excellent communication skills and a genuine interest in adding value to the organizational culture, the successful candidate will engage with various aspects of the employee life cycle, including benefits administration, employee orientation, labour and employee relations and diversity, equity and inclusion.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the expansion of Pan-Atlantic University’s new hire orientation processes and create great experiences for new employees
- Interpret complex information and promote problem-solving at various levels of the organization
- Prepare reports and analyze special projects and initiatives
- Contribute to the creation of new methods of communication, resulting in a well-informed workforce
- Utilize available technology to organize work effectively
- Collaborate with the employee relations team and offer sound solutions to resolve conflict
- Utilize best practices and organizational policies consistently as a trusted resource for all PAU staff
- Partner with managers and support their efforts to retain talent
- Candidates should possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- A deep understanding of labour law and regulations
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Current knowledge of trends and practices impacting the Human Resources field
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Computer literacy with capability in Microsoft Teams, MS Office and related HR software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 19th May, 2023.