Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited is the global leader in the Ice Cold Merchandisers (ICM) market and the principal supplier of glass packaging in the high growth markets of West Africa, supplying to more than 10 countries across the continent.
In our glass container business, we are focused on markets in Africa, which are increasingly the prime regions of investment for our customers. We aim to create value for our customers by building on our position as a leading supplier of glass bottles and complementary packaging solutions in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Specialist
Employment Type: Full time
- To identify potential hazard points and ensure effective corrective actions are taken; ensure all employees are provided with safety wares and enforce their use as the job requires.
- Ensure all incidents are investigated and reported within twenty hours of notification from the concerned departments and investigation report circulated to concerned department.
- Develop, recommend, and execute safety policies, as well as accident prevention and control systems and programs, and ensure that they are implemented throughout the facility.
- Maintain relationship with regulatory agencies to remain current on changing standards and interpretations and to serve as contact person for plant.
- Conduct investigations and statistical analysis to identify hazards and assess loss potential; writes findings report.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Quality Management Systems (QMS), Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) & Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and procedures.
- Ensure prompt and adequate reporting of accidents, near-misses, identification of unsafe acts and conditions with a view to addressing them and communicating the reports.
- Interpret and evaluate factory compliance with applicable safety codes.
- Monitor safety inspection programs, evaluates program maintenance and determines priority of current hazard correction and recommends action to reduce risks; makes random visits with inspectors.
- Advise, coordinate and provides technical guidance to factory employees regarding safety codes, policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Environmental Management and Protection or related fields.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Member of globally recognized professional associations such as Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) is added advantage
- Good understanding of applicable local and international Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) laws and regulations.
- Computer literacy, physical strength and ability to perform under emergency situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd July, 2023.