Global Payroll Administrator at Canonical
Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Payroll Administrator
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We’re looking for an exceptional payroll administrator with experience of working with outsourced payroll bureaus (US, UK, EU and/or additional jurisdictions) to manage the company’s end to end global payroll and contractor payments.
- You’ll have domain expertise in processing payroll in different countries. You are reliable, diligent and pay attention to details and always work towards improving current processes.
- This role may choose to be office based out of London or home based, and will report to our Global Controller.
- Ensure all payrolls are always delivered on time and with 100% accuracy
- Process the payroll/contractor data in an organised and structured manner
- Assist with future expansions of global payrolls and other projects
- Manage all payroll correspondence and act as a point of contact for all escalated payroll queries
- Maintain strong cross-functional team relationships
- Build strong relationships with vendors to ensure excellent service delivery and compliance in all countries
- Keep on track of all payroll deadlines and monthly payroll tasks
- Prepare payroll reports and provide monthly payroll data in journal format to finance for processing
- Comply with GDPR regulations and maintain payroll security/confidentiality
- Deal with payroll queries and resolve or escalate as required
- Constantly seek out ways to improve systems and processes to ensure a seamless flow between HR, Payroll and Finance
- Keep payroll policies up to date and write any new procedures as required
- Provide support to any project related activities from Finance and HR
- Provide support to Finance with reporting and audit queries
Valued Skills and Experience
- Experience in a similar payroll role and working with outsourced payroll bureaus
- Exceptional planning/organisational skills and being deadline oriented
- Ability to work with different software systems, and have excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and formulas
- Being a team player as well as being able to work independent.
- Excellent communication skills to converse with external parties and internal team members of all levels
- Strong process and planning mindset
- Ability to think outside the box and solve problems when faced with new challenges
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified