Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Shift Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- To ensure bulk wheat receipt from vessels to appropriate storage facility and transfer appropriate wheat type and quantity to the mills.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the overseeing of wheat transfer from silos to the mills to meet production requirements.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the organization of resourcing levels and rosters (i.e., casuals) to adequately meet delivery schedules.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the preparation of monthly operational reports to communicate performance metrics including grain inventory, supply, and movement.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the coordination of reception of wheat/SBM from vessel/trucks.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the coordination of loading of pellet/SBM from silos to vessel.
- Assist the Shift Manager to ensure periodic quality controls and checks of stock including testing, and fumigation.
- Assist the Shift Manager to ensure inventory is stored appropriately to ensure safety and quality standards.
- Assist the Shift Manager to ensure all records in the areas of safety, logistics, human resources, inventory etc. are maintained in an orderly and logistical manner.
- Perform other projects or ad-hoc duties as directed.
- First Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar capacity.
The Person Must:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office suites or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good supervisory skills and interpersonal relations abilities.
- Strong problem-solving and multitasking skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified