Data Officer – Digital Health for Key Populations in HIV Care and Prevention
The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Officer – Digital Health for Key Populations in HIV Care and Prevention
Employment Type: Full time
- IHVN is seeking a dedicated and passionate Data Officer to join our team and play a crucial role in a groundbreaking project focused on improving HIV care and prevention among key populations through digital health interventions.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the healthcare providers, key population civil society organizations, and Study and Data Coordinator to ensure the quality of study data.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing study data collection forms and databases, data entry of paper-based clinical forms into the REDCap study database, and provide trouble-shooting support for the digital health app.
- Lead the day-to-day coordination and management of study-related data and digital health app functioning at the site level.
- Check for completeness in source documents and consistency between paper-based registers and the REDCap database.
- Evaluate databases and check for inconsistencies, duplicates, or missing data on a weekly basis.
- Work with the digital health app team to troubleshoot issues.
- Collaborate with the Study and Data Coordinator and other study team members to collect, manage, and analyze project data.
- Participate in team meetings and provide input on project data.
- Participate in the review of standard operating procedures (SOPs) established for data management.
- Carry out daily manual data checks to verify completeness check for data errors against paper forms.
- Extract data from participant electronic health records or tablet-based data to REDCap.
- Ensure completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness, and accuracy of electronic health record data and/or tablet-based data.
- Meet monthly with the study statistician to review data and address any issues with data quality, merges, and freezes.
- Train healthcare staff and key population participants on the use of the digital health app, with support from the Study and Data Coordinator.
- Ensure that project activities are executed in compliance with ethical guidelines and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or a related field
- Human subject protection and good clinical practice training
Experience, skills, and competencies:
- Strong understanding of digital health technologies and their application in healthcare settings.
- Knowledge of ethical considerations related to working with key populations and vulnerable communities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Sensitivity to cultural and social issues impacting key populations in HIV care and prevention.
- Experience with Microsoft, Excel, Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL, electronic medical record systems, and REDCap
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with diverse communities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and detailed Resume in Microsoft Word format to “The Assistant Director, Human Resources” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 22nd January, 2024.