Data Engineer at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited is one of the largest manufacturing companies in Nigeria, producing and distributing some of the nation’s most- loved beverages in the country like; Pepsi, 7Up, Mirinda, Teem, Mountain Dew, H2oH!, Lipton Ice Tea and Aquafina premium drinking water. SBC has recently entered into Home & Personal Care category with the 2SURE brand and launched its first product, a Hand & Surface Sanitizer. Seven Up boasts of nine bottling plants with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located across various regions in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Engineer
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable data pipelines and ETL processes to ensure efficient data flow and integration from various sources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into data models, schema, and database structures.
- Implement and manage databases, ensuring data security, integrity, and optimal performance.
- Carry out data quality checks, identify and resolve data discrepancies, and implement measures to improve data quality and accuracy.
- Support master data governance by establishing data standards, documentation, and dat quality rules.
- Optimize and fine-tune database performance, conduct capacity planning, and recommend improvements.
- Lead or handle projects related to data engineering, successfully delivering on time and within budget.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, keeping abreast of new tools and technologies that enhance data engineering capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior data engineering team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer, with a focus on building and maintaining data pipelines.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A goal getter with a proactive attitude, demonstrating ambition and a drive for success.
- Expertise in database management, SQL servers, and familiarity with Google Data Analytics solutions.
- Proficiency in ETL tools such as SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and reporting tools like SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Strong knowledge and experience in data integration from multiple sources.
- In-depth understanding of data quality principles and data governance practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Navision and SAP S/4 HANA is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th July, 2023.