Country Inland Sales Manager at Maersk
Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Inland Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
- Would you like to be part of a value-driven, commercially oriented international environment where we enable global trade every day?
- As the Country Inland Sales Manager, you will develop sales strategies and attract new clients to expand APM Terminals’ footprint across Nigeria hinterland.
- You will be involved in sourcing new sales opportunities and closing sales to achieve targets as well as playing a key role in increasing revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products.
- Grow APM Terminals Nigeria revenue in the hinterlands in alignment with assigned targets through highly professional and long-lasting relationships with the various decision-makers within the customers’ organizations.
- Contribute to the development of strong value propositions suiting customers’ hinterland needs.
- Be a salesforce.com ambassador
- Measure & display commercial results (salesforce’s pipeline growth and management, closed-won ratio), including periodical forecast
- Maintain customer data base, with customer and company profile (salesforce)
- Work closely together with the Sales teams in the terminals to jointly identify and close deals
- Ensure that a continuous knowledge of industry & market trends is available and shared within the country’s commercial team
Who We Are Looking for
Critical Knowledge And Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline.
- Broad knowledge of sales processes, business development, market trends and customers.
- Requires at least seven years’ experience in the Container Transportation and related industry, with sufficient financial and operational background.
- Be proficient in planning, customer and prospect research, deal management, pipeline management, forecasting, and closing deals with value.
- Ability to adapt skills when working together across functions.
- Excellent active listening and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to meet directly with customers and represent the company in a professional, competent manner.
- Requires excellent negotiation skills & the ability to build relationships with external parties.
- Requires good analytical skills.
- Requires exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Requires ability to communicate fluently in both English and the local languages.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Must be able to handle company information confidentially and with discretion.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date