Compliance Anti Money Laundering Risk Management Analyst
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Anti Money Laundering Risk Management Analyst
Job Req ID: 23705702
Location: Warri, Delta
Time Type: Full time
Job Type: On-Site/Resident
Job Category: Compliance and Control
Job Family: AML Compliance & Risk Mgmt
Job Family Group: Compliance and Control
- The Compliance Anti Money Laundering Risk Management Analyst is an intermediate level role responsible for recommending/establishing internal procedures to prevent money laundering and assist in all matters concerning financial crimes in coordination with the broader Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team.
- The overall objective is to utilize established disciplinary knowledge to identify inconsistencies in data, and formulate strategic recommendations on policies, procedures, and practices.
- Identify, vet and address potential risks or escalated issues with the assistance of functional partners and key stakeholders
- Analyze comparative data, prepare and present reports related to AML risk assessments, and monitor AML related issues and escalation
- Create and develop AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) standards and policies
- Advise on a plan of action for risk issues, based on analysis of information
- Utilize information from regulatory changes, new regulations, and internal policy changes to further identify new key risk areas
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor’s Degree / University Degree or equivalent experience
- MBA or Master’s degree or professional qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Proficient computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience and knowledge of AML regulations/laws (such as the Bank Secrecy Act, the US Patriot act, US Treasury AML guidelines, and OFAC requirements)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran