Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compensation and Benefits Officer
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: Group HR & Admin
- To prepare and process an accurate payroll for the organization to enable the consistent and timely remuneration of Interswitch employees.
- Managing and optimizing benefits administration to contribute to the engagement and retention of employees.
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements of the organization relating to employee compensation and benefits are duly fulfilled to mitigate against the risk and related costs of non compliance.
- Compile comprehensive reports on the key compensation and benefits KPIs as input in the overall HR Shared Services reporting and identify key trends, insights and opportunities to enable data driven decision making.
- Support the design and delivery of employee incentive programs; provide relevant financial, operational, and business performance analyses; investigate and analyze external practices.
- Implement and optimize the administration of benefits, including the enrolment of employees on the correct benefits scheme, liaising with the service providers on behalf of employees and to identify the best possible deal for the organization to contribute to the satisfaction and engagement of employees
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching. Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- Prepare and accurate, timely payroll as per the contractual agreements with all employees on time every month to enable the timely payment of salaries and wages to employees. Ensure that all statutory deductions are accurately captured and paid when due to mitigate against the reputational and financial risk of non compliance.
- First Degree (Social Science, or Mathematics)
- Experience dealing with data and numbers (3 years).
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Looks at complex issues from multiple angles; explores issues to uncover underlying root causes; sees the main consequences and implications of different options.
- Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions. Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said. Assumes personal ownership and responsibility when confronted or challenged; shows readiness to learn and to resolve issues.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. Makes skillful use of resources and support to deliver efficient, high quality work.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. Skillfully handles disruptions, obstacles, and emotional or stressful situations and nevertheless makes steady progress.
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. Shows optimism and enthusiasm that affects others positively. Works independently, but knows when to ask for help.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Works with full competence to create and run queries and interact with various database interfaces and query languages. Typically works without supervision and may provide technical guidance.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required to continuously provide effective solutions and value to the client’s organization.
- Communicates successes and challenges, Makes measurable contributions, Monitors client value perception.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on designing and implementing equitable, market-based and cost-effective reward and recognition systems.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on achieving full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or operations.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on acquiring, organizing, protecting and processing data to fulfill business objectives.
- Communicates with other people without requiring supervision and provides technical guidance when required on speaking in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Applies concepts of knowledge / skill without requiring supervision; also able to provide technical guidance when required
- Works with full competence to use database reporting tools and techniques.Typically works without supervision and may provide technical guidance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th June, 2023.