Commercial Tender Engineer at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software, Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Tender Engineer
Job ID: 008IUC
- We are currently seeking a talented Commercial Tender Engineer to support our Control & Safety, and Telemetry business streams within the Process Automation (PA) business unit in our Lagos office.
- Working as part of the fast-paced Tendering team, the ‘Commercial ‘ Tender Engineer(s) will hold a critical position within the Sub-Saharan Africa pre-sales process and have the proven ability to interpret high-level scope requests as well as complex Tenders and prepare technical, execution, costing and offer documentation consistent with bid strategy.
- As such, you will have complete responsibility for the ‘end to end’ bid process with a core focus on cost and risk underpinned by a proven level of technical & project delivery knowledge. You’ll have the tenacity to drive all contributing resources to meet tight deadlines and the talent to compile compelling proposals underpinned by all associated governance and cadence.
- The Tender Engineer will have accountabilities for all technical, financial and commercial content, managing contributing resources to meet tight deadlines to develop a winning bid aligned to an agreed strategy.
- Own the total responsibility for all assigned Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ ), request for Proposal / Quotation ( RFP / RFQ ) and general proposal submissions.
- Analyze technical specifications and associated documentation, liaising directly with Customers (& EPCs) to qualify scope, as required.
- Understands and can effectively communicate opportunity strategy to all key stakeholders, highlighting areas of challenge to be addressed.
- Plan, schedule & lead all required Commercial ( CQA ) and Operational ( MPO ) approval calls in line with process and Delegation of Authority ( DoA ), ensuring required documentation is submitted on time to support successful ‘first-time‘ approval to meet required submission deadlines.
- Drive governance and compliance with SE company and local business standards and procedures to meet required deadlines.
- Support the Opportunity Leader during customer negotiations, as required.
- Engage with internal departments to allow timely proposal handover & post-order receipt.
- Proactively contribute to Win / Loss Analysis reviews and adopt ‘Best Practices’ to improve processes and behaviours.
- Formulate and publish bid plans, engage required resources, and agree on contributor deadlines, driving progress through to completion via initial ‘Kick Off’ meeting & subsequent update calls.
- Report against assigned workload, highlighting issues and proactive steps taken to resolve.
- Drive cost optimisation across Solution, Execution & Supply Chain, ensuring Solution is aligned to strategy, an appropriate mix of engineering resources are utilised, and 3rd party costs are minimised.
- Ensure Operational Risks & costs are reviewed, considering contractual Terms & Conditions.
- Ensured T&Cs are reviewed timely, in line with the bid plan, with all financial documentation for review and approval, ensuring a balanced approach to sell, cost & risk, to maximise GM, in line with Deal Winning Strategy ( DWS ); utilising appropriate business tools – Global Tendering Tool ( GTT ) / Contract Quote Authorization ( CQA ) / Costing Work Book ( CWB ) / PA Opportunity Review Template ( ORT ).
- Prepare an appropriate written response to each enquiry, ensuring peer review and accuracy of solution, execution & commercial content as well as all requested supplementary documentation in the required format(s).
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience within a Commercial Tendering role coupled with a technical engineering background and strong project execution knowledge.
- Technical knowledge shall include either DCS / Safety / PLC / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications, Software License Selection & an understanding of Cyber Security.
- IT literate with good working knowledge of standard MS Office applications in addition to MS Teams, MS Planner, and ideally, Bridge Front Office ( BFO ).
- Willing to perform additional required duties to support the pre-sales function.
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities:
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities.
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a globally energised team.
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th July, 2023; 4:59:00 PM