UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- This position will be responsible for design and implementing finance policies, process, reporting and control of the Company.
- The Finance Manager will ensure the Company have the cash and liquidity to meet its obligations, will maintain relationship and compliance with statutory and regulatory bodies like tax etc.
- Leading the design and implementation of the structure of financial resources and all financial operations of the company including but not limited to cash, capital, investments, tax, compliance and asset management. Will also receive and book rents on the Company’s investment properties.
- Mentor and develop team, manage work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient high-performance team.
- Be in charge of the budgeting, budgetary control and forecasting process for the Company
- Overseeing the production of accurate monthly reports including reconciliations as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Managing and monitor all aspects of company accounts receivable and payable.
- Monitors and receives dividends from subsidiary companies.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Supervise and review the management of all activities related to financial accounting such as: invoicing; refunds; purchasing; payroll; collection of accounts receivable; management and payment of suppliers; management and payment of contracts; assistance in the ongoing monitoring and management of banking relationships, cash flow analysis and the management of short and long term investments; performing bank and other key reconciliations.
- Tax planning and compliance with all relevant tax legislations and procedures, resolution of all tax issues resulting from tax audits. Proactive analysis and management of the Company’s tax liabilities including all federal and state taxes.
Education / Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- First Degree in Accounting and other related discipline is required.
- Professional accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA is required.
- Strong technical IFRS accounting knowledge and good SAP/ERP knowledge.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship skills.
- Strong operational experience, with a sound grounding in the financial considerations for Holding entities.
- CFA certification, MBA or MSc. in relevant disciplines will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience within a finance function at managerial level from industry and or big 4 professional service firm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates who meet the specifications will be contacted