Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian e-commerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 35 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express, Konga Health, Konga Food, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Department / Unit: Commercial Planning
Reports to (title): Senior VP, Commercial Planning
Direct reports: Assistant Category Manager
Hours of Work: 8am – 5pm
- Forecasting levels of demand for products and services to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of products /service provided
- Follow up on suppliers’ /vendors payment and invoices to ensure the vendors payments are processed
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future on future buying activities.
- Make presentations about market analysis and possible growth trend
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of company business objectives and procurement policy.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- University degree.
- Experience in resolving issues, managing internal and customers.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and communication skills.
Knowledge / Experience:
- What specific knowledge/experience/qualifications are required for this role.
Knowledge / Experience (include technical knowledge):
- Ability to manage a team.
- Good listening skills
- Customer Service
- Ability to multi-task
- Accurate documentation.
- Written communication
- Accurate Information
- Good Communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.