Assistant Production Manager at Vitafoam Plc
Vitafoam Nigeria PLC is Nigeria’s leading manufacturer of flexible, reconstituted and rigid foam products. It has the largest foam manufacturing and distribution network which facilitates just-in-time delivery of its products throughout Nigeria. Incorporated on 4th August, 1962 and listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1978. Vitafoam’s successful brands remain household names in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Production Manager
Location: Aba, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
About the job
- The Assistant Manager, Production is responsible for ensuring the required quantities of finished goods that conform to standard and functional expectations of consumers at the appropriate time, at optimum cost and maximum efficiency.
- To motivate factory personnel and ensure best practices are adhered to by all.
- Co-ordination of all production activities in the factory
- Supervision of all production activities in the factory
- On-the-job training of production personnel
- Overseeing the establishment maintenance of quality standards for raw and packaging materials from suppliers
- Ensuring Quality Standards for new product development
- Ensuring product conformity to established requirement/specifications
- Preparing and updating quality documentation based on ISO 9001 QMS requirement.
- See to the production planning and control of production processes
- Monitor products and processes qualities
- Ensure strict adherence to all safety precautions
- Liaise with Sales Department to make goods available at right quantity and quality
- Liaise with Plant Engineer with regards to availability and maintenance of machines and equipment for production
- Signing of all production documents such as Daily Production Records and Daily Production Notes
- Signing of all production Materials Requisition Notes and Block Materials Issue Notes
- Raising and signing of outside tailor waybills and Material Requisition Notes
- Preparation of monthly reports for all production activities
- Attending to other matters as may be assigned by management
- First Degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Sciences.
- Good physical mobility
- Good leadership qualities.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in production management
- Experience in the foam industry is important
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Physical and mental alertness
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified