Admin Officer at Rand Merchant Bank (RMB)
Rand Merchant Bank (RMB), a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is a leading African corporate and investment bank and part of one of the largest financial services groups in Africa. We offer our clients innovative, value-added advisory, funding, trading, corporate banking and principal investing solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- The administrative unit is responsible for supporting the administrative functions of the Bank.
- This position is responsible for smooth daily operations, managing administrative tasks, as well provide support to business units and staff as needed.
- The Bank Administration Officer plays a key role in operational support duties to ensure the efficient running of the bank’s day-to-day facility management and janitorial service management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement maintenance programs, schedules, and procedures to ensure the proper functioning and upkeep of the facility including mechanical, electrical, and general infrastructure.
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Respond and clear queries/enquiries in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify maintenance, safety hazards, and required repairs.
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards, delivery standards, and minimal error rates as appropriate.
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance staff, contractors, and vendors to ensure work is completed efficiently and in compliance with the policy of the bank.
- Develop and implement space management strategies to optimize the utilization of the facility.
- Implement and promote sustainable practices within the facility including energy efficiency, waste reduction, recycling, and green initiatives.
- Collaborate with different business units to ensure smooth workflow and address operational issues effectively.
- Coordinate with Business Technology and other support areas to resolve operational and technical issues.
- Monitor and analyze inventory levels to ensure optimal levels are maintained while minimizing excess and obsolete inventory.
- Manage day-to-day fleet operations, including vehicle assignment, scheduling, fueling, and maintenance to ensure availability and reliability of vehicles for the bank’s operations.
- Implement and maintain the organization’s health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring compliance.
- Co-ordinate and implement effective emergency procedures in the bank including fire drills, evacuation procedures, raising awareness and accounting for all staff at muster points.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Proactively manage risks and establish/monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and standards to maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Prepare and distribute internal reports as needed to support the decision-making process.
- Undertake periodic self-assessments on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Highlight significant issues/errors to the Head of Operations.
- Regulatory compliance refers to compliance with all regulatory agencies, including but not limited to the CBN, FIRS, and South African Reserve Bank (“SARB”).
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in an Administration role, preferably in a financial institution.
- Experience in occupational health and safety will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of CBN banking regulations (including foreign exchange regulations), SEC regulations, and any other regulations about banks and financial services companies
- Knowledge of the workings of the banking operations including customer service, document control and compliance
- A good understanding of typical merchant banking transactions, especially fixed-income and foreign exchange trading, trade finance, structured lending, and corporate finance
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- High levels of numeracy and literacy are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and
- Listening, analysis, and debating skills
- Attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills.
- A high level of pragmatism tempered with the strength to stand firm where necessary. Able to deal with criticism.
Human Relations Profile:
- Strong character & integrity paramount.
- High degree of self-confidence; pleasant personality; well-presented
- Well organized / good time management skills / disciplined/ detail orientated.
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Team oriented.
- Flexible when necessary
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A strong communicator who is deadline and solutions driven.
- Strong work ethic and ability to operate in a fast-changing environment (building a business).
- Able to work as part of a highly innovative and competitive team, meeting demanding deadlines.
- A high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.