Accounting Manager at Zipline
Zipline – Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Manager
About You and the Role
- The Finance and Accounting Manager will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and expanding end-to-end accounting, systems and processes in Nigeria.
- Additionally, this person will be responsible for customer relationship management, ensuring timely invoicing, and following up on outstanding payments from our customers.
- A successful candidate will be based in Nigeria and must have strong communication and negotiation skills, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines.
- This role has many customers – both internal and external – and a successful candidate will need to be excited and ready to partner cross-functionally across many teams in the business to achieve the given objectives.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the country’s accounting department including; month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, banking relationships and fixed asset activity.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, and statement of cash flows
- Own month/Year end closing for their respective countries and establish key processes to ensure financials accurately reflect business activity
- Partner regularly with various teams, including General Manager, Country Leadership, and Global Finance Team, to support data driven decision-making
- Coordination of banking activities and transactions. Oversee credit card reconciliation, cash reconciliation, mobile money reconciliation, review of employee expense reimbursement and more.
- Assist in other ad-hoc project as needed
Financial controls & cost reduction:
- Ensure proper financial control and compliance.
- Coordinate and complete annual audit timely
- Improve systems, implement policies and provide recommendations on cost reduction
- Tax Management & Compliance.
- Maintain all customer contracts and ensure they are applied during invoicing
- Ensure monthly billing, submission of invoices to customers, and cash application to receivables in Netsuite as per remittance/payment advice
- Ensure banking details provided to customers via letter must correspond to the banking details on the invoice. Issue receipts upon payment from customers
- Provide monthly statements of accounts to customers after reconciling the customer accounts and promptly resolve customer issues
- Provide management and other key stakeholders with reports on accounts receivables and collections, Tax Credit certificates, WHT on VAT, etc
- Frequent follow-up and contact customers for overdue payments
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as fulfillment, customer service, HSI, and various nest to ensure the right information or data for monthly billing
What You’ll Bring:
- A First Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business-related discipline
- Recognized professional accounting certification (ACA/ACCA) with a preference of 7+ years of experience ( bonus if you have experience with Netsuite)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, GAAP and other applicable accounting standards, billings and collection procedures.
- Excels in working in a rapidly changing environment with stakeholders in various time-zones
- Industry experiences in FMCG, Fintech or Agritech company is a plus.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and work effectively with multicultural teams
- Experience in managing relationships with government agencies
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not