Technical Coordinator at Tincan Island Container Terminal Limited (TICT)
Tincan Island Container Terminal Limited (TICT), established in 2004, is a multinational company operating in Nigeria with its Terminal located at Tin-can Island Port, Terminal B (2nd Gate), Apapa, Lagos and has its Head Office at 1/3 Point Road, Apapa, Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Coordinator
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The technical coordinator is responsible for effective working arrangements between the operations and technical departments.
- This is done through effective liaison between the Operations Control room and the technical planning team on equipment maintenance and equipment availability for terminal operations.
- The role incumbent will reconcile the operations plans with the technical maintenance plan so equipment is constantly available for terminal operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Maintenance & Operations Plan Reconciliation:
- Monitors the terminal’s technical systems and terminal operation plans, to identify implications on terminal equipment and therefore recommend optimal equipment solutions to ensure ops positive outcomes
- Provides technical information relating to resources, such as equipment, materials, and personnel, to meet operations requirements and deadlines as generated by the Planning Team
- Identifies potential risks and issues that may affect terminal operations timelines and quality and suggest ways to mitigate these risks through the Technical Planner
- Works with the Technical Planner to plan timely maintenance and repair tasks to reduce operating downtime
- Coordinates technical projects involving Operations and Technical department
Communication & Reporting:
- Works closely with OPS team, including receiving requests for equipment deployment, to identify/ recommend available terminal equipment required for operations
- Provide regular reports on equipment performance, maintenance progress, and project updates to Technical Planner
- Communicates with stakeholders about technical issues and breakdowns
- Facilitate communication between different teams and stakeholders, to create awareness of project status, changes, and requirements
- Communicates timely, any technical issues or challenges that may arise during an operation, while following up with both the operations team and technical team to find solutions.
- Assists in technical projects decisions related to terminal infrastructure development, upgrades,
- and expansion. This may involve coordinating with operators and contractors
- Support in creating and implementing maintenance plans for terminal equipment
- Maintain detailed performance records of technical equipment, personnel activities, and incident reports
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2023.