Polaris Bank was established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on September 21, 2018 to offer commercial banking services to the Nigerian public. The bank commenced services on the same day, having purchased the assets and assumed certain liabilities of the defunct Skye Bank.With a footprint of over 350 branches across the country, Polaris Bank prides itself in delivering exceptional customer experience, leveraging best in class/state of the art Information Communication Technology (ICT). By focusing on ICT solutions across multiple service delivery channels (mobile banking, ATMs, POS and online platforms) Polaris Bank maintains a pivotal role in the Nigerian banking industry, providing customers with simple, convenient and secured banking services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Utilities & Maintenance Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-Time
- We are currently sourcing for an experienced Utilities and Maintenance officer who is responsible for managing utilities and maintenance of office work tools to ensure smooth operations for a productive work environment.
- This role involves overseeing the maintenance, and utilization of office work tools, managing utility services, coordinating repairs and maintenance activities, and ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- The role plays a vital role in optimizing resources, minimizing downtime, and maintaining a safe and functional work environment.
- Provide expert leadership in maintenance, introducing advanced predictive maintenance methodologies that reduce downtime.
- Monitor the efficient management of utilities, including electricity, water, heating, cooling, and telecommunications.
- Develop strategies to optimize utility consumption, reduce costs, and enhance energy efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and sustainability goals.
- Develop innovative solutions to enhance energy efficiency to enhance reduction in energy consumption across bank facilities through technologies and practices.
Maintenance and Repairs:
- Lead maintenance activities for the bank’s facilities, including routine inspections,
- repairs, and preventive maintenance.
- Develop maintenance schedules and ensure that facilities are well-maintained to provide a safe and conducive working environment.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to address maintenance issues promptly.
Office Work Tools Management:
- Manage the procurement, distribution, and maintenance of office work tools and
- equipment, including computers, printers, furniture, and supplies.
- Develop inventory management strategies to ensure availability of necessary
- tools and equipment while minimizing excess inventory.
- Ensure that employees have access to functional and well-maintained work tools to support their productivity.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Establish occupational safety and health standards for the Bank.
- Champion maintenance of a high occupational safety and health standard for the Bank.
- Pre-empt health and safety risk issues that may affect the Bank and suggest possible prevention and control measures.
- Serve as a promoter of good health and safety policies and practices within the Bank.
- Implement corrective actions and improvements based on safety audit findings.
- Develop strong vendor relationships and hold them accountable for delivering quality services.
- Establish the principles of a vendor agreement, balancing the interests of Polaris Bank and the vendor.
- Broaden the scope of existing agreements with vendors to increase the business benefit to both parties.
- Revise and approve contracts with major vendors to provide renovations, acquisition of specialized products or services etc.
- Very vast in managing most vendors and its resource personnel as regards vendor management and vendor negotiations.
- Manage large and complex projects.
- Demonstrate experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Identify and implement project management best practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying project management methodologies and tools.
- Develop delivery plans to optimize the movement of goods and materials
- throughout different business and operations units.
- Implement supply chain management system to support the movement of equipment, tools, and materials across different locations.
- Source, select and appoint capable logistics vendors for ensuring secure, quick, and flawless order processing.
- Apply proper knowledge of workplace ergonomics to design a safe, effective, and efficient working environment for the bank.
- Provide a safe environment for customers and employees.
- Implement standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Manage maintenance activities and the personnel responsible for them.
- Safely, effectively, and efficiently manage the distribution and delivery of vehicle spare parts supplies.
- Raise awareness about transport issues and analyze log sheet data.
- Accurately determine budgets that will control transport costs.
- Work out the best economic point of replacement for a vehicle.
- Understand and applies the principles behind calculating the best economic point of replacement for a vehicle.
Protocols and Logistics Management:
- Prepare specifications of outsourcing travel related services including Air Travel and Ticketing Agency services, Car Hire services, Transfers and Taxi services
- Handle coordination with travel agents and provides briefings on the formalities and procedures of their destination.
- Identify, establish, and communicate effective logistical procedures to be used in protocol and logistics operations, ensuring all employees are aware and follow
- statutory guidelines and Bank’s procedures.
- Coordinate the identification and initiate the acquisition process for real estate that will be beneficial to the Bank.
- Oversee construction and renovation projects for the Bank.
- Negotiate the sale of, or termination of lease on properties that are no longer financially viable for the Bank.
- Prepare budget and analyses insurance coverage.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facility Management, Business Administration or a related field is preferred.
- 3 – 10 years of cognate experience in a related role.
- Additional academic qualification is an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified