Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Support Services Manager
Job ID: 2023-1220
Employment Type: Contract
Category: Support and Operations
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
- Sightsavers is looking for an experienced Support Services Manager to join our team in Abuja, Nigeria, to directly support the Country Director an oversee office management duties.
About the Role
- The Support Services Manager will coordinate and supervise internal and external administrative/management operations for the Nigeria Country Office and provide strategic leadership in the compliance and delivery of organisational administrative policies including human resource and general office management.
- As the Support Services Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the office and ensure adherence to management/administrative policies and procedures.
- You will ensure that staff and partners comply with Sightsavers policies on IT, and work with HR to deliver on all HR issues in Nigeria and ensuring that Sightsavers meets all government regulatory requirements in Nigeria.
Further duties include:
- Lead in various office events (meetings, seminars, plenaries, workshops, Away-Days etc) and travel arrangement for staff.
- Monitoring of office deadlines and schedules.
- Ensure organisational compliance to government regulations and standards.
- Ensure all Service Level Agreements with landlords, security companies, IT and Consultants are met.
- Provide specific administrative support required by the country director.
- Work with Country Safety and Security Officer (in conjunction with the CD) on safety and security matters.
- Provide effective leadership for support staff to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Oversee annual performance review for all staff.
- Identify training needs for support staff and organise as required.
- Ensure approval process for staff benefits, entitlements and contracts renewals are complied with.
- Ensure documentation of all staff records in- country
- Support and facilitate recruitment process in NCO.
- Supervise the Administrative Officers for effective delivery of their responsibilities.
Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Working Experience, or a University Degree / Tertiary qualification in Management Administration / Human Resource / Secretary Ship / or equivalent professional qualification from a recognized Tertiary institution.
- Line Management experience.
- Preparation of employee annual performance reviews and work plans.
- Experience of managing employee benefits and ensuring they meet compliance guidelines.
- Experience of recruitment practices and hiring staff.
- Extensive working experience in a similar position in an administrative and/or financial environment of a reputable development organization/INGO.
- Office management experience.
- Experience of managing travel arrangements for employees.
- Knowledge of HR duties and practices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2023.