SHE Officer at Nestle Nigeria Plc
Nestle Nigeria Plc – As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Titles: SHE Officer
Location: Flowergate Factory, Sagamu, Ogun
Job Type: Full Time (on-site)
- Joining Nestle means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world.
- At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- Nestle Nigeria is currently looking to hire a Safety, Health & Environment Officer whose responsibilities include to Inspire and empower excellence in safety, health, and environmental sustainability across the site/unit.
- The SHE Officer will drive implementation of the Site/Unit SH&E OMP through application of the Nestlé S&H Management System (NSMS) and Nestlé Environmental Management System (NEMS).
- Provide support in development and implementation across the factory on SHE strategy and program to enable staff to realise their SH&E goals and create pride in their achievements.
- Inspire Change: Create a compelling understanding of the Nestlé SH&E values and inspire stakeholders to excel in compliance & continuously improve, leveraging NCE Foundations and Advanced Practices (eg TPM, Lean Value Stream). Promote a behavioral approach to SH&E, based on Nestlé Leadership Framework.
- Implement NSMS & NEMS: Guide implementation of the NSMS, NEMS, and other Group SH&E Standards. Develop and continuously improve site/unit SH&E programmes to deliver compliance and performance improvement. Ensure local S&H management system is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007 (all units) and to ISO14001:2004 (factories, PTCs, DCs).
- Develop SH&E Networks: Develop & coordinate SH&E networks of professionals, champions, and SMEs for the site/unit. Develop their functional and leadership competencies and ensure robust succession plans for key S&H positions.
- Provide Guidance: Ensure managers receive trusted guidance & support on relevant S&H matters. Identify expertise and good practices from inside and outside Nestlé and communicate them internally (both within the site/unit and beyond).
- Provide Support: Co-ordinate internal & external resources to ensure delivery of high quality and efficient S&H support, eg exposure monitoring, health promotion, health surveillance, life cycle assessment, training. Leverage SHE-PM and other tools to monitor & analyse performance and improve decision making.
- Audit & Review: Ensure compliance is regularly audited and performance assessed, and the results used to drive further improvement. Promote effective communication of successes and learnings, and recognition for strong performers and contributors.
- Engagement: Engage with internal stakeholders on SH&E topics.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Technical field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the same field i.e. SHE
What Will Make You Successful?
- Project management experience
- Ability to work in and can lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to translate policies & standards into practical action plans.
- Coach individuals and teams in different environments.
- Good communication & Organizational skills
- Very proactive.
- Experience in FMCG will be an added advantage
- Experience in working in an operational environment.
- Experience in taking ownership of Safety & Health and drive change through personal leadership.
- Knowledge of analyzing complex problems to identify multiple root causes.
- Ability to Influence behavioral change in a team/department.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Nestle is an equal opportunity employer, seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment.
- All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, age, religion, nationality, disability or perceived disability, medical condition, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Application Deadline 2nd October, 2023.