Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the world’s fastest-growing airline. We connect more than 160 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the Five-star airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reservations and Ticketing Agent
Job Id: 201889
Category: Corporate & Commercial
About the Role
- We are currently recruiting Senior Reservations and Ticketing Agent for Abuja, Nigeria.
- In this role you are expected to provide a full service-oriented professional reservations and ticketing service to all customers and travel businesses either through telephone calls or in person meetings in order to achieve optimal customer satisfaction and achieve annual budget revenue targets.
- Make and confirm reservations for passengers.
- Arrange Reservations and routing using timetables, airline manuals, reference guides, and tariff book and proper issuance of ATB for all types of ticketing transactions.
- Assist mishandled passengers such as NOREC/DNB to reduce passenger complaints.
- Issue tickets quoting correct fare to reduce passenger complaints and debit notes.
- Advice on changes in flight plan or to cancel or confirm reservation.
- Advice load control personnel and other stations on changes in passenger itinerary to control space and ensure utilization of seating capacity on flights.
- Ensure that the sales report is closed on time.
- Initiate and promote QR product to generate the revenue.
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/e-mail; actions telex messages and authorities.
- Handle Help desk – assist travel agents with seat confirmations, upgrade/downgrade proposals.
- Issuance of MCO’s and refunds; process lost tickets and time barred tickets.
- Examine passenger ticket to direct/advise passenger correctly.
- Plan route and compute ticket cost, using schedules, rate books, and computer.
- Determines whether space is available on travel dates requested by customer.
- Telephone customer or Travel Agent to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservation, as well as alternate available options.
- Sell and assemble tickets for transmittal or mailing to customers.
- Answer inquires made by travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines.
- Be part of an extraordinary story
- Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
- Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
- Together, everything is possible.
To be successful in this role you will need.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 1 year of job-related experience
- Recognized IATA / Airline Basic Tariff Course will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to manage room sales with due regard to the Revenue.
- Ability to adhere to Management policy and target sales mix to achieve maximum room revenue, ensuring every opportunity to sell is taken.
- Demonstrate Quality Consciousness.
- Fair knowledge of World Geography.
- Excellent English language communication skills – spoken/written.
- Thorough knowledge of special rates/ offers / promotions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th September, 2023.