Program Manager at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall purpose of the role
- The Program Manager also has responsibilities regarding the capacity building of staff; humanitarian needs identification through needs assessments, monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs and internal coordination under directives of the Program Coordinator.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Based in Maiduguri, the Project Manager is an expert in project cycle management which is supervising project field staff, on various bases and/or on various domain of intervention.
- Responsible for the management of a project
- Responsible for the technical quality of the project
- Responsible for the follow up of partners of implementation
- Address the feasibility of SIF’s proposals and realign them in light of the field assessment findings.
- Continue the ongoing reorientation and expansion of the project, in line with the evolution of the humanitarian situation.
- Manage the implementation of all projects in Maiduguri, and review and suggest amendments where necessary.
- Plan and monitor project activities and outputs against project indicators, timeframes and budgets, and report accordingly.
- Regularly analyze the context, risks, operational access issues and availability of resources, in relation to the project objectives, and define support requirements in order to ensure effective implementation.
- Monitor SIF’s partners activities and provide trainings accordingly to their needs
Staff Management / Human Resources:
- Provide leadership and management to the project team.
- Line manage project team, including regular performance management and appraisals
- Support project team, ensuring that the individuals work effectively together as a team to achieve the project objectives
- Organize and supervise capacity building and development of project team
- Propose Job descriptions for all new project staff
- Develop collaborative and open working relationships with partners and beneficiaries
- Attend coordination meetings and draft minutes of attended meetings
- Provide needed info (stories from the field, pictures – when appropriate-) for internal and external communication (Sitrep, media, website, brochures) in close collaboration with HQ communication team
- Coordinate with the Logistic team in line with project needs.
Safety and Security Management:
- Report any security information to the Program Coordinator and Security Team
Administration and Finance:
- Draft monthly and quarterly reports according donor’s requirements.
- Provide updated info on the programmatic aspect of SIF mission in the Sitrep and other under Program Coordinator/HQ request
- Oversee budget preparation and analysis of actual expenditures vs. budget with the support team and line manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in humanitarian work
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project proposal and report writing.
- leadership skills and a supportive management style.
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values.
- Significant experience within an international NGO preferably in areas of Food security, WASH -Water, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Familiarity with the humanitarian duties in Maiduguri.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexible and calm under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Fluency in Hausa, and other indigenous language in Maiduguri
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Good leadership skills and experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures.
- Being an association with limited means, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
- The employee may be affected to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 25th September, 2023.