BASF West Africa Limited – At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager – Personal Care (Sub-Saharan Africa)
Job ID: 86928
Job Field: Marketing & Sales
Job Conditions: Permanent
What You Can Expect
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for leading the Operative Marketing for the BASF Personal Care business for Sub-Saharan Africa by supporting the profitable growth of the portfolio, while elaborating, updating, and implementing the Personal Care country strategy in alignment with market segment strategies.
- Lead regional marketing for Sub-Saharan Africa, including customer account planning, project acquisition, and event coordination
- Take responsibility for product launches and local/regional communication planning in collaboration with Business Unit and corporate communications
- Provide product and concept training for sales and distributors, consider sustainability trends and requirements, and contribute to regular marketing reports for strategic decision-making.
- Develop and implement the Personal Care country strategy aligned with market segments
- Implement regional market segment strategies and product launches
- Prioritize and oversee local technical application activities
- Organize and manage local/regional exhibitions, including logistics and promotional materials
- Drive the development and rollout of promotional materials and innovative concepts to enhance product growth and retention
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and customer positioning to inform market strategies
What We Expect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Economics, or an equivalent tertiary qualification
- A minimum of five years of experience, preferably in the end customer product (B2C) industry or the cosmetic ingredient industry
- A strong comprehension of the personal care industry
- Proficiency in English, both in verbal and written communication, with a proficiency in French considered advantageous
- A willingness to engage in regular travel throughout the sub-Saharan region
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th October, 2023.