Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Compliance Testing
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- As Compliance Testing Manager will be responsible for leading and overseeing the Compliance Testing Program operations related to compliance functional areas such as data privacy, ABC, AML/CTF, Sanctions and consumer compliance.
- This role will report to the Compliance Senior Testing Manager.
- Implement the company’s Compliance Testing Program strategies, policies, and design procedures for the entire compliance program remit (i.e., data privacy, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”)/Counter-Terrorist Financing (“CTF”), Sanctions, consumer and regulatory compliance, etc.) to ensure compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements
- Assisting with developing and managing annual testing plan, ensuring a comprehensive plan that targets high-risk or new controls. Oversee the development of testing scripts that appropriately capture the effectiveness of controls being tested. Compliance Testing may also include testing adherence to and validation of action plans set forth by Compliance
- Lead and manage a team of Compliance Testing professionals, facilitating professional growth by providing guidance, training, and mentorship
- Ensure high-quality work in accordance with policy and procedures through clear direction, feedback, and training
- Maintain appropriate support and documentation of Compliance Testing processes and results
- Conduct regular quality control (“QC”) of your team’s work to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency in Compliance Testing documentation in accordance with Compliance Testing procedures
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of Compliance Testing Program processes, systems, and technologies, making recommendations for improvements and implementing necessary changes
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders with relevant subject matter expertise to stay updated on Compliance Testing regulations, best practices, and emerging trends
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Professional Services, Risk Management, and Operations, to drive cooperation with Compliance Testing initiatives and socialization of results
- Assist with the preparation of reporting to leadership and other stakeholders on Compliance Testing operations, performance, and results, with emphasis on any repeat findings
- Ensure appropriate escalation of identified compliance issues to relevant stakeholders and senior management
- Collaborate with and seek guidance from Compliance Testing advisory counterparts in Compliance to understand the underlying purpose of company policy as well as any nuanced regional requirements
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and training of qualified, competent Compliance Testing Team Leads and Analysts.
Required Qualifications to be a Waver
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management or Investment Management, Business Management, Commerce, Commerce in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and executing Compliance Testing plans, implementing best practices, and driving process improvements.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to navigate complex regulatory environments and adapt to changing regulations.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) are highly desirable.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in Compliance Testing, quality assurance, internal audit or similar oversight of testing functions related to risk management and compliance preferably within the financial services industry.
- Strong understanding of the legal, corporate governance, and regulatory environment related to relevant compliance areas (i.e., data privacy, ABC, AML/CTF, Sanctions and consumer compliance).
- Experience with sampling methodologies and best practices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified