9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Services Manager (Contracts and Advisory)
Job ID: IRC5204
- Serves as a point of legal advice on local and international commercial contracts.
- Liaises with relevant departments and divisions to draft, review and or interpret contractual agreements, ensure that contracts entered by EMTS are consistent with corporate and governmental laws, rules and regulations
- Advise EMTS on legal matters relating to corporate and project finance contracts and assist departments in the closure of financial transactions to the best interest of EMTS.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
- Continuously assist in reviewing the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit/function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with individual departments& divisions and provide advice on legal issues arising from contracts.
- Review and vet contracts and legal agreements including memoranda of understanding (MoUs) or agreement (MoAs),letters of intent and other related documents.
- Research and proffer opinion on any legal inquiries or issues of a contractual nature arising out of the interpretation and application of contracts and agreements.
- Ensure that terms and conditions set out in contractual documentation are legally valid, consistent with EMTS’s policies, rules and regulations, and are in the organization’s best interest.
- Coordinate with tender committees and concerned departments/divisions in drafting and finalizing tender documentation. Provide legal assistance to tender committees in tender amendment, tender process management, contract negotiation and finalization.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Ensure adequate training and development is delivered to employees in the Contract and Tender review and management processes.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Legal &Company Secretariat Services
- Provide assistance in litigation by or against contractors or other parties arising out of contracts, agreements, or similar documentation.
- Ensure the setup and maintenance of a database of all contractual documents and related legal documentation.
- Ensure safe custody of all tenders and contracts.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Legal & Company Secretariat Services
- Candidates should possess a First Degree in Law.
- Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Expertise in telecommunication and commercial contracts
- Minimum of Six (6) years relevant work experience with at least three(3)years in a supervisory role.
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Telecoms Regulations
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Conflict Management and DisputeResolution
- Team Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not indicated