Human Resource Business Partner at Jumia
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role caters for all engagements, activities, processes, and projects related to the wellbeing of Mall employees in country of base.
- Payroll administration and management
- Ensure that weekly meetings with all stakeholders happen as they should
- Management of employee performance reviews and reporting on same with accurate uploads made into the enterprise system
- Liaise with heads of department to prepare human capacity plans for the new year and at every Tier event
- Job posting, shorting, selection and interviewing of applicants
- Headhunting to build talent pipeline for critical roles in JS every month or quarter or as needed.
- Monthly execution of townhalls comprising of rewards and recognition
- Attendance to weekly stand-up meetings
- A weekly deployment and reporting of the people barometer tool
- Execute a 24hrs turnaround time on issues reported through the barometer issue log, people committee and townhall questionnaire
- Monthly activities around health and wellness of employees through Health Management Organization partnerships
- Liaise with Global Head of People, Culture and HSE with regards to course development and alignment for country of operation
- Management of Jumia Certified Trainers
- Execution of all assigned trainings and reporting on same
- Deploy all available learning interventions provided by Jumia physically and online towards the development of employees
- Uploading and updating of employee records at onboarding and offboarding
- Ensuring all reporting lines are accurate
- Ensuring staff information is up to date and accurate
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Relations or related from an accredited university.
- MBA in human resources will be an added advantage
- 5 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Team player and flexible to rapidly changing work schedules
- Excellent team management and coaching skills
- High analytical skills.
- IT savvy
- Conflict management
- People management skills
- Execution of career fairs and recruitment days to build our employer brand.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Clear understanding of local labor laws with regards to employee hiring and exit management
- Basic/Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning system e.g. Jobvite, PeopleHR or Bamboo will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience in people strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible to work with people from different backgrounds
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified