International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- The responsibilities of this position will be to support the Finance Manager in carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities including payment expenses, asset reconciliation, tax and payroll as well as maintaining the bookkeeping entries and filing accounting documents.
- The Finance Assistant works under the supervision of the Finance Manager in collaboration with the Finance Team.
- Ensure assets and equipment listed on the financial transaction list match the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) and liaise with Logistics monthly to update donor details and finance payment references.
- Follow the security protocols with respect to cash management. Keep a physical cashbox, cheque books, prepaid cards and documentation in a secure place. Perform witnessed cash counts and bank reconciliations as scheduled.
- Process petty cash transactions. Daily reconcile petty cash and submit replenishment requests to meet the cash needs. Issue cash advances to personnel as authorized. Set a proper record system for the sums advanced. Efficiently track the open advances and collect the supporting documents to close all outstanding advances before the month-end.
- Photocopy proofs of payment and file them with invoices in chronological order. Deal with local banks. Submit and collect documents from local banks.
- Assist in maintaining a secure filing system of financial documentation. Perform the translation, photocopy, and scanning responsibilities of the Finance department.
- Record daily transactions in EXCEL bankbooks and cashbooks. Assign standardized account codes and analysis codes to enable direct import to SUNSYSTEM. Assign a cross-reference of the documentation with Excel to make it easily retrievable. Timely submit the books and documents to the Finance Officer for the month-end review.
- Assist with timely payments. Ensure before payment, the completeness of supporting documents in all respects. Prepare cheques and bank wire transfer slips and remit for signatures.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A University Degree or Advanced Certificate or equivalent in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Advance M/S Excel experience- SUM IFs, Pivot Tables, LOOK UP functions etc.
- NGO experience is preferred.
- Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, cash/bank management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “Finance Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Applications should include the following documents:
- Updated CV.
- Cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align with this role.
Application Deadline 25th October, 2023.