The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dispatch Rider
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours per week: 35 hours per week
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Corporate Services Support
Start Date: 1 November 2023
Main Purpose of Job
- To be part of the British High Commission team responsible for handling official mails and distribution of mails both within and outside the British High Commission in compliance with FCDO policy and post regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Mail Handling
- Receiving all incoming mails.
- Sorting out and delivering all outgoing mails to different organizations within the Federal Capital Territory.
- Keeping records of all mails received and delivered.
- Keeping track and tracing all incoming and outgoing mails.
- Delivering mails to various departments within the British High Commission.
- Handling of Motor Bikes
- To take proper care of the official Motor bikes by washing, cleaning and ensuring that the bikes are in good condition
- Ensure that Motor Bikes and their accessories are securely parked when not in use and keys are properly kept to prevent theft and unauthorised use of the bikes.
- Ensure that the parcel Boxes on the bikes are in good condition and kept closed at all times
Any Other Duties:
- Keep accurate records on fuel used and other maintenance costs.
- Promptly report identified faults on motor bikes to the transport office for proper maintenance and routine Services.
- Carry out assigned tasks as directed by the Transport Manager, Deputy Transport Manager and Transport Communication Officer.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in mail handling and distribution
- Good organisational skills – capable of working quickly and accurately
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
- Fluent written and spoken English language.
- Experience in driving motor bikes and basic maintenance of motor bikes
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, self starter able to work with minimal supervision
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least SSCE Certificate or equivalent.
- Relevant training records in Customer Services.
- Familiar with the Nigerian transport system and the Abuja road networks.
- Possess a valid drivers licence.
- Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together.
- Salary: USD 399.72 Monthly.
- Other benefits and conditions of employment
- Learning and development opportunities:
- Mandatory e-learning courses
- On the job development
- E-learning portal and courses routinely organised by the Regional Learning and Development Team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th October, 2023.