Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Communications Senior Analyst I
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Entity: Oando Energy Resources
Unit / Department: Corporate Communications
Reports To: Corporate Communications Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- The Digital Communications Senior Analyst I plays an integral role in the execution of the approved Digital Communications strategy to support the Company’s overall communication objectives.
- He / she will be required to use the full spectrum of digital and social media to actively disseminate corporate initiatives and achievements, general Company information and engage online stakeholder communities. He / she will also manage the online personas (reputation management) of key members of Executive Management.
- He / she will lead the cause for internal social media brand ambassadors with the aim of motivating employee attitudinal and behavioral change towards the Company’s social media platforms.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Responsible for supporting the successful execution of approved digital strategy to build brand equity and increase stakeholder engagement.
- Development, refinement, and dissemination of content for company owned social (singlehandedly or in collaboration with Digital Agency).
- Development, refinement and dissemination of content for Executive Management social profiles.
- Staying up to date with digital trends and technologies and making recommendations for how the organisation can leverage them to improve its digital presence.
- Online reputation management of Executive Management profiles.
- Manage online communities across all social media channels (corporate and Executive Management).
- Management of 3rd party vendors for successful achievement of objectives.
- Monitoring and analyzing digital metrics to measure the effectiveness of digital campaigns and to identify areas for improvement.
Major Responsibility Areas:
Identify the major duties and tasks accomplished by this position:
- Responsible for the successful implementation of approved digital strategy across all the Company’s social media platforms.
- Accountable for developing content for all the Company’s social media accounts as well as ensuring content is reviewed and once approved disseminated in a timely manner.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience across all digital platforms
- Day to day management of Digital Agency to ensure compliance with Terms of Engagement / Scope of Work and successful achievement of Digital Communication objectives.
- Responsible for Oando’s social media profiles and engagement with audiences, across key digital platforms
- Responsible for developing and disseminating content for Executive Management.
- Support internal engagement efforts to convert Oando employees to brand ambassadors in the digital space.
- Ensure Oando employees are adequately armed to act as brand ambassadors in the digital space through internal education and awareness campaigns.
- Ensure staff are actively engaging with the intranet, website (when needed) and other digital communication platforms.
- With the support of the Digital Agency development, planning and implementation of digital marketing campaigns, including web, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) / Search Engine Marketing (SEM), email, social media and display advertising.
- Development and regular updating of a Digital dos and don’ts for the Company
- Development of RAG work plans for flawless execution of weekly tasks and monitoring of timelines to ensure deadlines are not missed.
- Support successful execution of online (i.e. webinars) and physical events.
- Support management of digital crisis.
- Monitoring peers (competitors and aspirational brands) and regulators in the digital space.
- Manage online communities across all social media channels (corporate and Executive Management
- Monthly tracking, analysis and reporting of Oando and Executive Management in the digital space.
- Develop and implement digital communication plan for key events that the Company and its Executives will be attending.
- Identify tactical opportunities in the market that tie in with our brand positioning and launch creative social media campaigns to leverage these tactical opportunities.
- Maintain a database of media contacts, online influencers and bloggers who we can align with to promote the Oando brand.
- Actively grow followership and engagement on all owned social media platforms.
- Through interactive digital campaigns encourage positive comments on social media platforms.
- Other duties as directed and required by the Company.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Extent to which brand values, story, initiatives and achievements are positively reinforced on external digital platforms.
- Growth in followership across all Company social media platforms.
- Growth in user engagement on all Company social media platforms.
- Improved public perception and dialogue on external digital platforms.
- Growth in internal social media followers and brand ambassadors.
- Quality and cost effectiveness of internal and external digital communications efforts implemented.
- Timeliness of deliverables.
- Effectiveness of partnerships with 3rd party Agencies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any subject, preferably in the Social Sciences, Administration or Humanities
- A good understanding of PR, internal communications, branding or events and sponsorship would be an advantage.
- Experienced in successfully executing digital/social media campaigns (singlehandedly or with the support of a Digital Agency).
- Conversant with various social media platforms specifically Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- Strong knowledge of future digital trends.
- A proficient copywriter, comfortable with developing short and long form pieces.
- Experience using social media to cover live events would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of digital analytics
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of integrity.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Experience working with / using popular social media monitoring / tracking tools and popular social media management tools.
- Understanding of how influencing works and influencers in the digital space.
- Ability to successfully plan and execute events would be an advantage (online events such as webinars as well as physical events).
- Comfortable working cross functionally including supporting other team members within the Corporate Communications team (Internal Communications, Branding, Events & PR) to realize global objectives.
- A good understanding of tactics to boost Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ranking.
- Experience of successfully managing a diverse range of stakeholders would be an advantage.
- Experience of working on a B2B brand in the digital sphere.
- Must be tech savvy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified