Moniepoint is a global business payments and banking platform and recently became QED Investors’ first investment in Africa. We are the partner of choice for over 600,000 businesses of all sizes, powering the dreams of SMBs and providing them with equal access to the tools they need to grow and scale.
Moniepoint Incorporated (formerly TeamApt Inc.) was founded with the vision to create a society where everyone experiences financial happiness. We are the parent company of TeamApt Limited, a Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) licensed Switch and Processor, and Moniepoint Microfinance Bank, a CBN-licensed Microfinance Bank.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our team! As a Database Administrator at our company, you will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company’s databases.
- You will provide technical support to other team members and evaluate new database solutions and technologies, the goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company.
What you’ll get to do
- Create, monitor and maintain the company’s databases
- Diagnose and resolve problems quickly
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Implement and manage company data management policies
- Reviewing and managing database security, integrity and backup procedures and performance tuning.
- Devising and implementing processes for resolving faults and data loss.
- Writing disaster recovery plans.
- Archiving data.
- Managing database access and permissions.
- Ensuring that databases meet users’ requirements.
- Liaise with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff.
- Replicating data for disaster recovery
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Computer Science or a related Information Technology field
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a Database Administrator or similar role
- Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Expertise in SQL and hands-on experience with MySQL, Cloud Spanner, BigTable and Clickhouse or other DBMS
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of database technology, networks and server operating systems and hardware.
- Extensive experience in administering, managing and tuning databases
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning – We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
What to expect in the hiring process
- A technical interview with the Hiring Manager
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team