Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budget Controller (Corporate Head Office)
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- The budget controller will be responsible for managing and overseeing FMN’s Group financial planning and budgeting processses.
- Conducting financial analysis to identify trends, variances, and potential cost- saving opportunities.
- Ensuring CHO costs are initiated according to company policy and department budget, recorded correctly, and reviewed against LE and budget targets.
- Working closely with the CHO budget holder as well as conducting monthly reviews to ensure variances are identified and corrected in order to meet yearly objectives.
- Conducting monthly reviews of group projects to ensure budget adherence and proper P&L cost/intangible asset capitalization.
- Analyzing the Group’s indirect costs to ensure a thorough understanding of cost drivers and the identification of business units that are above budget.
- Assisting with the consolidation of cost-saving initiatives across the group by reviewing and analyzing actuals versus targets and working closely with the Procurement team to identify, cost, and begin cost-saving projects.
- Collaborating with department heads and other stakeholders to gather budget input and ensure alignment with the Groups goal
The Person Must:
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have meticulous attention to detail when preparing budgets, monitoring expenses, and conducting financial analysis
- Have proficiency in financial analysis techniques to evaluate data, identify trends and make informed decisions based on financial insights.
- Have strong understanding of budgeting principles and techniques, including creating, monitoring and adjusting budgets as needed.
- Have proficiency in using financial software and tools to collect, organize and analyze financial data.
- B.Sc / HND in Finance or related course.
- Professional certification (ICAN, ACCA) is an added advantage.
- 7-10 years related experience working in an FCMG sector.
- Have experience with accounting software and data entry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Not specified