At Air Peace Limited, we continuously strive for excellence in all we do. Through our people we are able to attain higher heights because their unique strengths and experiences help us turn challenges into opportunities. We employ the best talent and provide a great opportunity and environment for them to display their best skills in a service driven environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Maintenance Coordinator
- The role of the Base Maintenance Coordinator is to ensure that all scheduled Heavy maintenance events are planned and completed on time, within agreed budget and meet the required quality standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Main focal point for Aircrafts on Base Maintenance Checks.
- Ensure the Check work pack is prepared and delivered to the MRO on time.
- Conduct pre-Check input meeting at intervals that suit the Base maintenance plan
- Monitor the material readiness prior to the C Check induction and escalate with the relevant units in case any material would not be available.
- Provide Technical and administrative support to the different Technical Reps at Base maintenance Check locations.
- First reviewer of the Base Maintenance Daily Status Report for correct and accurate information.
- Hold regular check progress meetings with the Base Maintenance MROs.
- Work closely with various departments within Air Peace and Contracted
- Base Maintenance MRO’s for service recovery.
- Establish Critical materials requirements for the Base Maintenance check and follow up for timely availability
- Assist APL Quality with investigations related to the Base maintenance input and ensure timely Closure of audit findings.
- Ensures the Maintenance provider delivers according to contractual terms.
- Ensures that the company’s procedures and standards are complied with when carrying out Base maintenance.
- Liaison between MRO and Airline to assist to solve technical defects arising during the Base Maintenance check
- Provide Base maintenance budget inputs and ensures compliance with approved budgets.
- Provide technical and Logistical support as required to ensure timely delivery of the Base Maintenance check.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and contact with contracted
- Base Maintenance MROs.
- Prepare and submit Weekly/monthly reports on Base maintenance Checks Performance.
- Prepare the Post Maintenance report for all the completed checks with the critical tasks, materials and other resources that affected the normal progress of the check and arrange post maintenance review meeting with the different stakeholders to analyze these items and to define corrective actions that creates a constant improvement process.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be reasonable directed by the Head of Maintenance.
Key Performance Indicators
- Base Maintenance Check Timely Completion.
- Budget vs Actual Base Maintenance Cost
- Quality audit findings in Base Maintenance
- Degree / Diploma in the relevant Engineering discipline.
- Management and organisational skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Computer literate with MS Office experience.
- At least 8 years working experience on aircraft maintenance industry, at least
- 3 years of which should be on Base Maintenance environment.
- Understanding of Project Management methodology.
- Inter-departmental knowledge and liaison.
- Knowledge of NCAA /EASA requirements and APL procedures.
- Influencing & Management skills
- Aircraft Type Training on one or more aircraft on Air Peace fleet will be an added advantage.
- Diplomatic and Customer oriented.
- Effective Communication.
- Good judgement and sensitive to details.
- Good planning skills.
- Business Acumen.
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Inspiring & Developing others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted
Application Deadline 6th October, 2023.